BMW Motorcycle Club Pretoria
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» K 1200 GT FOR SALE ASKING R112 000.00 ono
by STEVE 19th November 2010, 13:45

» Three week Bliss
by Corlia 19th July 2010, 09:39

» From the UK - new element found in SA
by DaveS 7th July 2010, 18:53

» Tourmaster Airflow Pants
by Heretic 7th July 2010, 08:02

» Forum lockdown
by Admin 6th July 2010, 22:17

» New website, new forum!
by Marnus 6th July 2010, 20:10

» Who Will Win The Soccer World Cup
by 1150 adventure 4th July 2010, 12:06

» New forum?
by LeRoy Olivier 2nd July 2010, 10:40

» Your favourite photos
by Gert_GS_650 1st July 2010, 06:32

» NEW Clubhouse
by Thomas 30th June 2010, 21:44

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 181 on 10th February 2021, 11:40
Statistics
We have 359 registered users
The newest registered user is Kruger

Our users have posted a total of 17455 messages in 1456 subjects

Breakfast Run to Milly's - 7 September

+14
JohanGT
Chunky
JR
Jester
Chris
GSlady
Gemmerkat
Henk
Richard H
DaveS
Andre
tj
LeRoy Olivier
Admin
18 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Breakfast Run to Milly's - 7 September - Page 4 Empty Re: Breakfast Run to Milly's - 7 September

Post by JR 3rd September 2008, 02:26

if a bike is your problem, we can always make a plan...... Wink

K1200S?
JR
JR
The K-factor

Number of posts : 1164
My bike : K1300S, F800GS
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Back to top Go down

Breakfast Run to Milly's - 7 September - Page 4 Empty Re: Breakfast Run to Milly's - 7 September

Post by Jester 3rd September 2008, 07:31

I am sure Lennie can make a plan with the service in the next 3 days.... that is a briljant man.

Jester
Fuel Injected
Fuel Injected

Number of posts : 39
My bike : Kay1200GeeTee
Registration date : 2008-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post by GSlady 3rd September 2008, 08:58

MadnohB wrote:if a bike is your problem, we can always make a plan...... Wink

K1200S?

You thought I wont see the small print??

That was a once off . . off hand experience, so to speak Very Happy
I'd rather stick to my GS's. . and save the marriage!
GSlady
GSlady
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Number of posts : 859
My bike : 800GS - now with MUCH more character! Still enjoying every minute!
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Jester 3rd September 2008, 09:05

Does that mean you are coming along? bounce

Jester
Fuel Injected
Fuel Injected

Back to top Go down

Post by GSlady 3rd September 2008, 09:35

Tempted!! Will have to test ride the 1200 first! bounce

I see the detail of Sunday's route is on the website . . www.bmwclubs.co.za
GPS files as well.
GSlady
GSlady
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Number of posts : 859
My bike : 800GS - now with MUCH more character! Still enjoying every minute!
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarlet01 3rd September 2008, 10:24

Wonder if Madnoh will still appreciate the Serious Biker Dude doing 220 on the blue flash---but with one hand only this time around....... geek
Scarlet01
Scarlet01
Fuel Injected
Fuel Injected

Number of posts : 13
My bike : 800ST (I ADORE this bike)
Registration date : 2008-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by JohanGT 3rd September 2008, 10:54

I keep on reading this although I know we cannot make it this time - what a sucker! We will be having a feast with our youngest son who is turning 21.
JohanGT
JohanGT
Committee member
Committee member

Number of posts : 246
My bike : K1200GT
Registration date : 2008-06-06

http://www.maartenspro.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JR 3rd September 2008, 11:14

Scarlet01 wrote:Wonder if Madnoh will still appreciate the Serious Biker Dude doing 220 on the blue flash---but with one hand only this time around....... geek

who said anything about my bike?........nahh, I have learned my lesson. Wink Wink Wink

see they say, some people are born alcoholics but they might go through life trouble free if they refuse the forbidden fruits, in other words, don't feed the beast. Rolling Eyes

That day, we have witnessed the awakening of an inner demon that we never knew existed in that normally cool, calm and collected person. Shocked

having talk all this nonsense, one thing is undisputed here……….it’s an adrenalin rush of note and one I have yet to match……..but I have not tried bungy jumping before Laughing

for our uninformed readers……we are not talking “foreign” here, we are talking 0 to 100 in 2.8 seconds Cool
JR
JR
The K-factor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jester 3rd September 2008, 11:28

The inner demon has many faces - shown to a selected few on special occasions. Bungy jumping is controlled choas. Controlled flight - now there is a challenge! Have to admit that I have not done the 0 to 100 in 2.8 yet.....I say feed the beast

Jester
Fuel Injected
Fuel Injected

Back to top Go down

Post by Jester 3rd September 2008, 11:34

JohanGT wrote:I keep on reading this although I know we cannot make it this time - what a sucker! We will be having a feast with our youngest son who is turning 21.
Surely the birthday is not the WHOLE weekend, and he will understand, and we need you there, and the weather will be nice, and the food will be good, and the company, and you need the outing, and....... just trying to get you there. bounce scratch

Jester
Fuel Injected
Fuel Injected

Back to top Go down

Post by LeRoy Olivier 3rd September 2008, 15:33

What is wrong with saturday for the party - somethings are more important than the others. Question
LeRoy Olivier
LeRoy Olivier
LT Fanatic

Number of posts : 1394
My bike : K1200LT
Registration date : 2008-06-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Jester 3rd September 2008, 15:41

Anyway is is the youngsters party - he is 21 years old now. No need the old folks to be there anymore - isn't that what being 21 is all about? scratch lol! Just kidding, it is a beautiful time in a young mans' life. Enjoy the time together.

Jester
Fuel Injected
Fuel Injected

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony R 3rd September 2008, 15:52

Must say that I am very impressed at the professionalism of your club. Rides planned properly with information and maps, GPS routes as well. Excuse my ignorance but how do I download those to my Zumo 550. I would love to do the ride on Sunday if you could tolerate a Triumph, and I could explain to the wife that she needs to pack for her trip to the UK. What time do you suppose the ride will end on Sunday. Just scheming in my head all the time.

Tony R
Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Number of posts : 225
My bike : Sadly no bike. Finances forced the sale of my Tigger.
Registration date : 2008-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post by JR 3rd September 2008, 16:00

Tony R wrote:.......I would love to do the ride on Sunday if you could tolerate a Triumph..........

No problem there, as long as you have an "interest" in the BMW brand. Very Happy Anyway, I have tried my luck before on a.......Honda and they did not throw me out.

Maybe they wanted to scratch ......but they politely accepted me Wink

No honestly, inhouse poltics, is not what this club is known for (thank you, thank you, thank you for that)........SHARED RIDING PLEASURE is our thing cheers
JR
JR
The K-factor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony R 3rd September 2008, 16:29

Thanks for that. Should spend the day with the missus helping her get sorted out. Did say that I would not be able to do the ride. Just love to get out when the weather is good, wind in the face and then sympathise with all those that have never riden a bike before. Still keen to know how the GPS downloads work. I cannot open those files when i click on them. Computers are not my thing.

Tony R
Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Back to top Go down

Post by Andre 3rd September 2008, 22:21

Tony R wrote:Still keen to know how the GPS downloads work. I cannot open those files when i click on them. Computers are not my thing.
Tony, if you have Mapsource loaded on your computer you should be able to open the GPS files. If you have a Zumo, this software should have been included for you to install on your PC Exclamation
Andre
Andre
Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Number of posts : 334
My bike : R1200RT, R1100S, Yamaha TW200 (also want the new S1000RR!!)
Registration date : 2008-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Andre 4th September 2008, 06:51

LeRoy, can you let us know what your estimated time of arrival at Milly's is Question I just want to plan our departure time from Malaga to make sure we arrive more or less the same time as you guys Very Happy
Andre
Andre
Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Number of posts : 334
My bike : R1200RT, R1100S, Yamaha TW200 (also want the new S1000RR!!)
Registration date : 2008-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by LeRoy Olivier 4th September 2008, 08:57

Andre - will phone you when we leave here. Plan leaving at 07:30 at the latest - work on 3 hours riding time - we have to do a quick stop along the way as mentioned in the ride planning to allow the smaller bikes to fill up.

Reckon we will be there at the earliest at 10:30. Will again phone you just before we leave after filling up. Should you want to contact me - use Elsabe's number as it will be connected.
LeRoy Olivier
LeRoy Olivier
LT Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Breakfast Run to Milly's - 7 September - Page 4 Empty Milly's Menu

Post by Admin 4th September 2008, 16:26

If you want fast service at Milly's, have a look at the MENU on the website www.bmwclubs.co.za .
No buffet available.
Decide before departure so that LeRoy can put the order in well ahead of time.

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 753
Registration date : 2008-02-25

http://www.bmwclubs.co.za

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony R 4th September 2008, 16:37

Thanks for the update. I will load the software onto the computer for the Zumo.

Tony R
Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Back to top Go down

Post by JR 4th September 2008, 18:00

Admin wrote:Decide before departure so that LeRoy can put the order in well ahead of time.

can we start the list with the breakfast orders in this thread?
JR
JR
The K-factor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeRoy Olivier 4th September 2008, 20:21

Principle here is decide beforehand what you want - when we take our respective tables the orders will be taken per table so the food is prepared and served per table. Otherwise they might try - like at the Koffiekan in Parys - to keep the whole order together for all resulting therein that we wait long and are served cold food.

In other words - know what you are going to order before taking your seat, and place your order as soon as the waiter approaches. I have already discussed this scenario with the management at Millies, and have already confirmed the 10 people sleaping in the area on saturday evening. Will phone trhough the final numbers on sunday morning after the head count.
LeRoy Olivier
LeRoy Olivier
LT Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Jester 4th September 2008, 22:18

Only 2 sleeps left. Funny how we wish our life away. I guess if it is for a worthwhile course....... We cannot wait. Looking forward to seeing The Club Members at the meeting tomorrow evening as well.

Jester
Fuel Injected
Fuel Injected

Back to top Go down

Post by JR 4th September 2008, 22:26

Jah maaaaahn!!!

T minus..........

and why not be excited?

nothing beats the open road on a bike....well almost nothing Wink ..... and to share it with loved ones, friends, and like minded peeps, makes it all the more special.
JR
JR
The K-factor

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveS 4th September 2008, 23:13

LeRoy Olivier wrote:Andre - will phone you when we leave here. Plan leaving at 07:30 at the latest - work on 3 hours riding time - we have to do a quick stop along the way as mentioned in the ride planning to allow the smaller bikes to fill up.

....and for people to have a break - usually after an 60 - 75mins is a good time to stop for a leg stretch. Wink
DaveS
DaveS
Committee member
Committee member

Number of posts : 1428
My bike : R1200GSA: R1200S(I think - has been annexed by Dorothy): S1000RR
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next