BMW Motorcycle Club Pretoria
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» K 1200 GT FOR SALE ASKING R112 000.00 ono
by STEVE 19th November 2010, 13:45

» Three week Bliss
by Corlia 19th July 2010, 09:39

» From the UK - new element found in SA
by DaveS 7th July 2010, 18:53

» Tourmaster Airflow Pants
by Heretic 7th July 2010, 08:02

» Forum lockdown
by Admin 6th July 2010, 22:17

» New website, new forum!
by Marnus 6th July 2010, 20:10

» Who Will Win The Soccer World Cup
by 1150 adventure 4th July 2010, 12:06

» New forum?
by LeRoy Olivier 2nd July 2010, 10:40

» Your favourite photos
by Gert_GS_650 1st July 2010, 06:32

» NEW Clubhouse
by Thomas 30th June 2010, 21:44

Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 181 on 10th February 2021, 11:40
Statistics
We have 359 registered users
The newest registered user is Kruger

Our users have posted a total of 17455 messages in 1456 subjects

Sani over Easter – “The road gets better – I promise”...........

+14
Koekels
Wahl
dakardrix
Tony R
Kawasefi
BON
Mud Pooh-bah
GSlady
Corlia
Richard H
JR
Marnus
Sias
KnopKop
18 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Sani over Easter – “The road gets better – I promise”........... - Page 2 Empty Re: Sani over Easter – “The road gets better – I promise”...........

Post by BON 14th April 2009, 19:53

Trying again...
Sani over Easter – “The road gets better – I promise”........... - Page 2 DSC01950
Sani over Easter – “The road gets better – I promise”........... - Page 2 DSC01954
Sani over Easter – “The road gets better – I promise”........... - Page 2 DSC01958
Sani over Easter – “The road gets better – I promise”........... - Page 2 DSC01962
Sani over Easter – “The road gets better – I promise”........... - Page 2 DSC01963
Sani over Easter – “The road gets better – I promise”........... - Page 2 DSC01967
Sani over Easter – “The road gets better – I promise”........... - Page 2 DSC01974
Sani over Easter – “The road gets better – I promise”........... - Page 2 DSC01979
Sani over Easter – “The road gets better – I promise”........... - Page 2 DSC01980
Sani over Easter – “The road gets better – I promise”........... - Page 2 DSC01981
Sani over Easter – “The road gets better – I promise”........... - Page 2 DSC01982
Sani over Easter – “The road gets better – I promise”........... - Page 2 DSC01985
Sani over Easter – “The road gets better – I promise”........... - Page 2 DSC01987
Sani over Easter – “The road gets better – I promise”........... - Page 2 DSC01990
Sani over Easter – “The road gets better – I promise”........... - Page 2 DSC01992
Sani over Easter – “The road gets better – I promise”........... - Page 2 DSC01994
Sani over Easter – “The road gets better – I promise”........... - Page 2 DSC01995
Sani over Easter – “The road gets better – I promise”........... - Page 2 DSC01997
Sani over Easter – “The road gets better – I promise”........... - Page 2 DSC01998
Sani over Easter – “The road gets better – I promise”........... - Page 2 DSC02000
BON
BON
Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Number of posts : 176
My bike : R 1200 GS (RSA)
R 1200 GS ADV (BRA)
Registration date : 2008-10-06

Back to top Go down

Sani over Easter – “The road gets better – I promise”........... - Page 2 Empty Re: Sani over Easter – “The road gets better – I promise”...........

Post by BON 14th April 2009, 19:58

...It was just the first day.....
Hey all!!!!
Help with the place's names....

BTW, could you see GSlady wheeling the brave yellow GS 800 on the pic n. 2 ?????
BON
BON
Turbocharged
Turbocharged

R 1200 GS ADV (BRA)

Back to top Go down

Post by BON 14th April 2009, 20:35

"I wish I could...."

Sani over Easter – “The road gets better – I promise”........... - Page 2 DSC02001
BON
BON
Turbocharged
Turbocharged

R 1200 GS ADV (BRA)

Back to top Go down

Post by JR 14th April 2009, 20:39

very nice Bruno cheers and impressive all
JR
JR
The K-factor

Number of posts : 1164
My bike : K1300S, F800GS
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post by GSlady 14th April 2009, 20:49

Nice try Bruno.. knew you can do it!
Thanks for your pics!

@ Sharkie: Your report made me relive every rocky moment!
... I believe this is not the end, but can it get better??
GSlady
GSlady
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Number of posts : 859
My bike : 800GS - now with MUCH more character! Still enjoying every minute!
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by BON 14th April 2009, 20:54

What a beautiful view...!!!
Sani over Easter – “The road gets better – I promise”........... - Page 2 DSC02004

The "Old Wolf of the Sea" in vigilance...(before being promoted to a CAPTAIN!!)
Sani over Easter – “The road gets better – I promise”........... - Page 2 DSC02008

The Highway before the ROCK'N ROLL...
Sani over Easter – “The road gets better – I promise”........... - Page 2 DSC02011

At this moment...CONFIDENT !!!!! (not for a long time...rs)
Sani over Easter – “The road gets better – I promise”........... - Page 2 DSC02014

The valiant troupe ready for the combat !!!
Sani over Easter – “The road gets better – I promise”........... - Page 2 DSC02015

any comment ???
Sani over Easter – “The road gets better – I promise”........... - Page 2 DSC02018

Go Up or Go Down ???? what a difficult decision !!!
Sani over Easter – “The road gets better – I promise”........... - Page 2 DSC02024

Heavy traffic...
Sani over Easter – “The road gets better – I promise”........... - Page 2 DSC02025

Some "friend" said: "...only short turns, the ground is fine...just go slowly..." (No, it was not Etienne!!!! rsrs)
Sani over Easter – “The road gets better – I promise”........... - Page 2 DSC02023
Sani over Easter – “The road gets better – I promise”........... - Page 2 DSC02019

I REALLY DESERVED IT !!!!!!!!!!
Sani over Easter – “The road gets better – I promise”........... - Page 2 DSC02026

MORE TOMORROW !!!!
BON
BON
Turbocharged
Turbocharged

R 1200 GS ADV (BRA)

Back to top Go down

Post by GSlady 14th April 2009, 21:13

I agree - mostly deserved!

and here is proof of Shangali's excellent effort!
Sani over Easter – “The road gets better – I promise”........... - Page 2 F8Shangali

I cant stop applauding you guys!
GSlady
GSlady
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kawasefi 14th April 2009, 23:00

Great trip guys! It was a real pleasure joining you for Sunday's stint.
I'm glad Sharkie conviced me to stay for the night as well instead of just a quick beer in Newcastle, 'cos the "braai" was definitely worth it. The Captain surely brought out the personalities in some Wink

Thanks to Pieter for telling us about "buffels" and how to gooi "n ordentlike dop.
Thanks to Sharkie for inviting me on the ride and sharing his bed with me (oops).
Thanks to Drix for giving me a short spin on his 800 while I was still slightly hung-over.
Thanks to Shangali and Bruno for not getting angry with us while we invaded your room. Yes we really did wait for the start of the MotoGP race!
Thanks to Dani for inviting me to join the forum.
And thanks to Marnus and Marius for generally being nice to a Kawasaki rider.

Hope to see you all again sometime cheers

Kawasefi
I have to post more . . .
I have to post more . . .

Number of posts : 1
My bike : '81 R65 & '06 KLR650
Registration date : 2009-04-13

Back to top Go down

Post by KnopKop 15th April 2009, 08:33

Geez BON, I like your avatar !!!!

cheers cheers
KnopKop
KnopKop
Committee member
Committee member

Number of posts : 823
My bike : 2008 BMW X-Challenge

Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by KnopKop 15th April 2009, 08:33

I got may camera sorted, I saw that there is a slot in my laptop that can take the card from the camera, so now I got all my pics on the PC!!!

Here are a few pics from Part 1 – Pretoria to Sterkfontein Dam

Marius on the dirt just after Heidelberg
Sani over Easter – “The road gets better – I promise”........... - Page 2 SanioverEaster002

Marius in the thick mist on the way to Villiers
Sani over Easter – “The road gets better – I promise”........... - Page 2 SanioverEaster004

We even had the Papparazzi at Sterkfontein Dam
Sani over Easter – “The road gets better – I promise”........... - Page 2 SanioverEaster005

Nice hey?
Sani over Easter – “The road gets better – I promise”........... - Page 2 SanioverEaster007
KnopKop
KnopKop
Committee member
Committee member

Back to top Go down

Post by KnopKop 15th April 2009, 08:48

Some pics of Part 2 – Bezuidenhoudt’s Pass

On the way to Bezuidenhoudt’s
Sani over Easter – “The road gets better – I promise”........... - Page 2 SanioverEaster012
Sani over Easter – “The road gets better – I promise”........... - Page 2 SanioverEaster013

Oopsie
Sani over Easter – “The road gets better – I promise”........... - Page 2 SanioverEaster015

The first little uphill on the way to the start of Bezuidenhoudt’s Sani over Easter – “The road gets better – I promise”........... - Page 2 SanioverEaster019

At the start, beginning the decent
Sani over Easter – “The road gets better – I promise”........... - Page 2 SanioverEaster025

The Fortuner on the way down
Sani over Easter – “The road gets better – I promise”........... - Page 2 SanioverEaster035

Anakees after some mud
Sani over Easter – “The road gets better – I promise”........... - Page 2 SanioverEaster039

One tired F800GS
Sani over Easter – “The road gets better – I promise”........... - Page 2 SanioverEaster043

2009 model Basotho GS – The best kind for this road
Sani over Easter – “The road gets better – I promise”........... - Page 2 SanioverEaster054

The loading at the bottom
Sani over Easter – “The road gets better – I promise”........... - Page 2 SanioverEaster056

Last bit of mud for the day, at the bottom of Bez Pass
Sani over Easter – “The road gets better – I promise”........... - Page 2 SanioverEaster057
KnopKop
KnopKop
Committee member
Committee member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mud Pooh-bah 15th April 2009, 08:55

Count the cars on SANI. Think there is a nest nearby for the buggers
Sani over Easter – “The road gets better – I promise”........... - Page 2 Image031

Between Notts and Sani
Sani over Easter – “The road gets better – I promise”........... - Page 2 Image019
Mud Pooh-bah
Mud Pooh-bah
Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Number of posts : 458
My bike : BMW R1150 GS Adventure, Yamaha WR250F, Suzuki DR200 and counting
Registration date : 2008-06-10

Back to top Go down

Post by KnopKop 15th April 2009, 09:09

Some pics of Part 3 – Sani Pass

On the way to Himeville on the stunning, stunning Lotheni Road
Sani over Easter – “The road gets better – I promise”........... - Page 2 SanioverEaster059

Sani over Easter – “The road gets better – I promise”........... - Page 2 SanioverEaster063

Sani over Easter – “The road gets better – I promise”........... - Page 2 SanioverEaster066

Sani over Easter – “The road gets better – I promise”........... - Page 2 SanioverEaster067

Sani over Easter – “The road gets better – I promise”........... - Page 2 SanioverEaster072

Sani over Easter – “The road gets better – I promise”........... - Page 2 SanioverEaster073

Sani over Easter – “The road gets better – I promise”........... - Page 2 SanioverEaster076

Sani Pass – Mr Bonotto returning after going to look for his glass
Sani over Easter – “The road gets better – I promise”........... - Page 2 SanioverEaster082

Before
Sani over Easter – “The road gets better – I promise”........... - Page 2 SanioverEaster085
And After
Sani over Easter – “The road gets better – I promise”........... - Page 2 SanioverEaster086

Some help close at hand, see the road waaaaaaay down there!!!
Sani over Easter – “The road gets better – I promise”........... - Page 2 SanioverEaster089

Drix on his way down
Sani over Easter – “The road gets better – I promise”........... - Page 2 SanioverEaster095

Sani over Easter – “The road gets better – I promise”........... - Page 2 SanioverEaster097

Bruno on his way down
Sani over Easter – “The road gets better – I promise”........... - Page 2 SanioverEaster098
KnopKop
KnopKop
Committee member
Committee member

Back to top Go down

Post by GSlady 15th April 2009, 09:16

Yep, it only gets better!
cheers cheers
GSlady
GSlady
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by KnopKop 15th April 2009, 09:26

Some pics of Part 4 – Tunnel Road

Kawasefi
Sani over Easter – “The road gets better – I promise”........... - Page 2 SanioverEaster100

Shangali
Sani over Easter – “The road gets better – I promise”........... - Page 2 SanioverEaster101

Marnus
Sani over Easter – “The road gets better – I promise”........... - Page 2 SanioverEaster102

Dani
Sani over Easter – “The road gets better – I promise”........... - Page 2 SanioverEaster103

Marius
Sani over Easter – “The road gets better – I promise”........... - Page 2 SanioverEaster104

Drix
Sani over Easter – “The road gets better – I promise”........... - Page 2 SanioverEaster105

Bruno
Sani over Easter – “The road gets better – I promise”........... - Page 2 SanioverEaster106

Pieter
Sani over Easter – “The road gets better – I promise”........... - Page 2 SanioverEaster107

On the way to Newcastle
Sani over Easter – “The road gets better – I promise”........... - Page 2 SanioverEaster112

Sani over Easter – “The road gets better – I promise”........... - Page 2 SanioverEaster113

Relaxing a bit
Sani over Easter – “The road gets better – I promise”........... - Page 2 SanioverEaster117

Hellooooo !!
Sani over Easter – “The road gets better – I promise”........... - Page 2 SanioverEaster119

Bruno klapping it a bit
Sani over Easter – “The road gets better – I promise”........... - Page 2 SanioverEaster122

Look ma, no hands...
Sani over Easter – “The road gets better – I promise”........... - Page 2 SanioverEaster128
KnopKop
KnopKop
Committee member
Committee member

Back to top Go down

Post by KnopKop 15th April 2009, 09:47

Some pics of Part 5 – Normandien Pass

Shangali getting close to the edge
Sani over Easter – “The road gets better – I promise”........... - Page 2 SanioverEaster142

Dani’s bike
Sani over Easter – “The road gets better – I promise”........... - Page 2 SanioverEaster147

Drix’s bike
Sani over Easter – “The road gets better – I promise”........... - Page 2 SanioverEaster152

Bruno’s bike
Sani over Easter – “The road gets better – I promise”........... - Page 2 SanioverEaster154

Shangali – a VERY happy chappy
Sani over Easter – “The road gets better – I promise”........... - Page 2 SanioverEaster155

Pieter – not such a happy chappy
Sani over Easter – “The road gets better – I promise”........... - Page 2 SanioverEaster156

The entire group at the top of Normandien Pass
Sani over Easter – “The road gets better – I promise”........... - Page 2 SanioverEaster161
Pieter, Daniela, Keegan, Marius, Brian, Marnus, Bruno, Shangali, Drix, Dani, Etienne

geek
KnopKop
KnopKop
Committee member
Committee member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony R 15th April 2009, 10:28

Awesome.

Tony R
Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Number of posts : 225
My bike : Sadly no bike. Finances forced the sale of my Tigger.
Registration date : 2008-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post by JR 15th April 2009, 10:40

you are leaving the best for last Laughing

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this report cheers

and as I said elsewhere.....RESPECT GUYS AND GAL!
JR
JR
The K-factor

Number of posts : 1164
My bike : K1300S, F800GS
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post by BON 15th April 2009, 10:54

Hey Sharkie .....
You Should'nt have shown the "AFTER", I was great on the "BEFORE"....rs
Great takes, from a privileged place!

"Geez BON, I like your avatar !!!!"
[b][i]

It is a FIGHTER PILOT life, man !!!!
BON
BON
Turbocharged
Turbocharged

R 1200 GS ADV (BRA)

Back to top Go down

Post by Corlia 15th April 2009, 11:07

Dit lyk fantasties (en moeilik), maar fantasties!!! Bly julle het dit almal so baie geniet! Volgende keer sal ons definitief MOET saamgaan! Ek is baie spyt dat ons dit gemis het! Dankie vir die trip report en al die foto'tjies - ek het dit nou baie geniet! En well done aan almal wat die trippie gedoen het!!!
PS, Dani - ek hou van daai foto'tjie waar jy so bietjie "ramp"! cheers cheers
Corlia
Corlia
Committee member
Committee member

Number of posts : 335
My bike : Dakar 650 GS Pillion
Registration date : 2008-07-15

Back to top Go down

Post by BON 15th April 2009, 12:01

Some more Pic's:

Hey Pieter...NOT too High !!!
Sani over Easter – “The road gets better – I promise”........... - Page 2 DSC02036

Beautifulllllllllllllll
Sani over Easter – “The road gets better – I promise”........... - Page 2 DSC02038

Some refreshment
Sani over Easter – “The road gets better – I promise”........... - Page 2 DSC02043
Sani over Easter – “The road gets better – I promise”........... - Page 2 DSC02044
Sani over Easter – “The road gets better – I promise”........... - Page 2 DSC02045

Life is gooood, hey Dani ??????
Sani over Easter – “The road gets better – I promise”........... - Page 2 DSC02047

HighWays again....!!!
Sani over Easter – “The road gets better – I promise”........... - Page 2 DSC02050

Sani over Easter – “The road gets better – I promise”........... - Page 2 DSC02054

There is a LAdy here !!!!!!!!
Sani over Easter – “The road gets better – I promise”........... - Page 2 DSC02055

The last night at Newcastle.....before the CAPTAIN's arrival !!!
Sani over Easter – “The road gets better – I promise”........... - Page 2 DSC02058
BON
BON
Turbocharged
Turbocharged

R 1200 GS ADV (BRA)

Back to top Go down

Post by GSlady 15th April 2009, 12:08

Sharkie wrote:.... We even had the Paparazzi at Sterkfontein Dam
Sani over Easter – “The road gets better – I promise”........... - Page 2 SanioverEaster005

Yet another glimpse of the presence of the paparazzi
Sani over Easter – “The road gets better – I promise”........... - Page 2 F9paparazi
GSlady
GSlady
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BON 15th April 2009, 12:17

...and Normandie Pass

Sani over Easter – “The road gets better – I promise”........... - Page 2 DSC02061

The GREAT and the GREATEST man !!!!!
It was very nice travel with you 2 !!!
Sani over Easter – “The road gets better – I promise”........... - Page 2 DSC02064

What a route !!!!
Sani over Easter – “The road gets better – I promise”........... - Page 2 DSC02068

Sani over Easter – “The road gets better – I promise”........... - Page 2 DSC02070

This is "THE CLUB"
Sani over Easter – “The road gets better – I promise”........... - Page 2 DSC02073

Always YELLOW's SHANGALI !!!!!!!!!
Sani over Easter – “The road gets better – I promise”........... - Page 2 DSC02078

THE WARRIOR doesn't sleep......
Lay down in order to keep watch !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sani over Easter – “The road gets better – I promise”........... - Page 2 DSC02081
BON
BON
Turbocharged
Turbocharged

R 1200 GS ADV (BRA)

Back to top Go down

Post by BON 15th April 2009, 12:24

Everybody HAPPYEEEEE after the awesome view point !!!
Marnus...
Sani over Easter – “The road gets better – I promise”........... - Page 2 DSC02083

Shangali
Sani over Easter – “The road gets better – I promise”........... - Page 2 DSC02085

Great DRIX...
Sani over Easter – “The road gets better – I promise”........... - Page 2 DSC02086

The CAPTAIN BUFFLE
Sani over Easter – “The road gets better – I promise”........... - Page 2 DSC02088

the efficient back up and the GREATEST CAPTAIN Sharkie..
Sani over Easter – “The road gets better – I promise”........... - Page 2 DSC02089
BON
BON
Turbocharged
Turbocharged

R 1200 GS ADV (BRA)

Back to top Go down

Post by BON 15th April 2009, 12:31

Good bye master Shangali !!!!
Sani over Easter – “The road gets better – I promise”........... - Page 2 DSC02094

A LOT of questions to the Lider....
Sani over Easter – “The road gets better – I promise”........... - Page 2 DSC02095

......and trying arrest the Brazilian one !!!
Sani over Easter – “The road gets better – I promise”........... - Page 2 DSC02096

I've done with my Pic's....
Sorry for the quantity....it was dificulty to select a lot of the nice remembers..!!!!!
BON
BON
Turbocharged
Turbocharged

R 1200 GS ADV (BRA)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next