BMW Motorcycle Club Pretoria
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» K 1200 GT FOR SALE ASKING R112 000.00 ono
by STEVE 19th November 2010, 13:45

» Three week Bliss
by Corlia 19th July 2010, 09:39

» From the UK - new element found in SA
by DaveS 7th July 2010, 18:53

» Tourmaster Airflow Pants
by Heretic 7th July 2010, 08:02

» Forum lockdown
by Admin 6th July 2010, 22:17

» New website, new forum!
by Marnus 6th July 2010, 20:10

» Who Will Win The Soccer World Cup
by 1150 adventure 4th July 2010, 12:06

» New forum?
by LeRoy Olivier 2nd July 2010, 10:40

» Your favourite photos
by Gert_GS_650 1st July 2010, 06:32

» NEW Clubhouse
by Thomas 30th June 2010, 21:44

Who is online?
In total there are 11 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 11 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 181 on 10th February 2021, 11:40
Statistics
We have 359 registered users
The newest registered user is Kruger

Our users have posted a total of 17455 messages in 1456 subjects

Scala Rider Q2 - Bluetooth Bike to Bike Communications

5 posters

Go down

Scala Rider Q2 - Bluetooth Bike to Bike Communications Empty Scala Rider Q2 - Bluetooth Bike to Bike Communications

Post by GSing 18th June 2008, 21:34

Press release

Cardo Systems launches the scala-rider Q2® The World’s Most Feature Rich Bluetooth® Headset for Motorcycle Helmets Now Includes Bike-to-Bike Intercom and Multi-Device Connection.

Cardo Systems, Inc., the world's market leader of Bluetooth® headsets for motorcycle helmets announced the launch of its new scala-rider Q2® intercom enabled headset for bikers. The highly anticipated scala-rider Q2® helmet-mounted Bluetooth® headset provides safe and hands free Bike-to-Bike communication for up to an impressive 1,600 ft. / 500 m * In the wake of the highly popular scala-rider® line of products, the new scala-rider Q2® now further expands the already feature-rich company offerings for bikers.
The scala-rider Q2® features Multiple Device Connection (MDC) technology, which allows bikers to connect to several audio sources in parallel including the following: Voice instructions from a GPS, mobile phone conversations with third parties, intercom conversations with passengers and with other bikers, and high-quality FM radio transmissions from the embedded FM module.

“The scala-rider Q2® incorporates everything we have learned from the more than 250,000 customers who have purchased a scala-rider® headset,” said Abraham Glezerman, Chairman and CEO of Cardo Systems. “The scala-rider biker community has been demanding a high-quality Bike-to-Bike intercom headset and we are happy to accommodate that request. The scala-rider Q2 shows that we continue to push the envelope in our commitment to provide bikers with superb communication products that excel in terms of safety, convenience, ruggedness and ease of use”

The Cardo scala-rider Q2® is fully backward-compatible with the entire line of earlier scala-rider models (solo, Combo, FM and TeamSet) . In addition to MDC technology and Bike-to-Bike intercom, it offers the same high-quality performance as in previous scala-rider models, including wind impact reduction, voice controlled receipt and rejection of incoming calls, automatic volume adjustment according to driving speed and ambient noise, full rain and snow protection and more.

The new multi-featured scala-rider Q2® will be available soon through select retail outlets, specialty motorcycle shops, and directly from GPS4AFRICA web site at http://www.gps4africa.co.za (See online shop for more details and pricing)

Scala Rider Q2 - Features
Wide range and high-quality in every way
• Bike-to-Bike intercom communications among up to three bikers within a range* of up to 500 m / 1,640 ft.
• Rider-to-Passenger communications: Passenger may also conduct mobile phone calls or listen to the FM radio independently.
• Full Duplex: No longer the walkie-talkie syndrome where one party can only speak when the other is silent. The scala-rider Q2 allows simultaneous speaking and listening between bikers and passengers.
• Follow GPS audio instructions while riding your motorcycle.
• Weather protected headset fits any motorcycle helmet even under rain and snow conditions
• Self-installation of entire system within 5 minutes. Instant quick-release and re-attachment mechanism for headset unit.
• HIB (High Impact Balancing) Microphone for inter-city speed conditions.
• AGC Technology: Speaker volume adjusts automatically according to ambient noise level and driving speed. No need to use volume buttons.
• VOX Technology. Receive or reject incoming calls by random voice control.
• Special clamp allows daily attachment or release of the headset from helmet within seconds.
• Recharging from any regular outlet.

The scala-rider Q2 is fully compatible to other scala-rider headsets

The unit works with up to four different Bluetooth® devices and switches seamlessly among them:
• To a Mobile Phone – receive incoming calls by voice command and initiate calls by one-button push and voice command
• To a GPS unit – receive audio instructions via headset
• To other scala-rider Q2 Headsets – Communicate in parallel with up to two other scala-rider Q2 headsets within a range of up to 500 m / 1,640 ft.*
• Communicate with a scala-rider headset within a range of 10 m / 33 ft.
• To the embedded FM Radio

*in wide open terrain

1. Wind-resistant microphone also works at high-speeds
2. Quick-release clamp to attach or detach headset within seconds
3. Ultra-slim speaker fits any helmet and adjusts volume automatically
4. Large, easy-to-reach control button
5. Multi-connection (MC) button for the FM Radio or initiating steady audio link with other bikers or with passenger

After recharging from any outlet, the headset is easily re-attached to the helmet. Just slide it in and out.
Attach the clamp to the bottom of the helmet, and slide the scala-rider™ onto the holding reel. Attaching and releasing happens in a matter of seconds. The scala-rider™ kit offers not only superb features, ease of use and assembly but also looks great and is universally compatible with Bluetooth™ cell phones or PDA phones. The wind-resistant microphone provides clear communication even at relatively high-speed driving conditions. The super slim speaker fits even into tight helmets while advanced electronic components lets users initiate, receive or reject calls by voice-control. No other such product offers that many features and functions.
GSing
GSing
Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2008-03-03

http://www.gps4africa.co.za

Back to top Go down

Scala Rider Q2 - Bluetooth Bike to Bike Communications Empty Re: Scala Rider Q2 - Bluetooth Bike to Bike Communications

Post by JR 18th June 2008, 22:36

Questions:

- are the speakers in the ear or in the helmet?
- are they sterio?
- will the Scala Q2 pair with a Ipod Touch. The said Ipod has WiFi but I think there might be a blue tooth device that just plugs into the sound output jack
JR
JR
The K-factor

Number of posts : 1164
My bike : K1300S, F800GS
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Back to top Go down

Scala Rider Q2 - Bluetooth Bike to Bike Communications Empty Re: Scala Rider Q2 - Bluetooth Bike to Bike Communications

Post by GSing 18th June 2008, 23:51

1. The speakers fits into the helmet with velcro.
2. Dual speakers mono.
3. Scala Q2 will only connect to Bluetooth devices, I have heard about Bluetooth dongels for the iPod's but have not tested any.
GSing
GSing
Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Back to top Go down

Post by Bear 8th July 2008, 14:31

MadnohB wrote:Questions:

- are the speakers in the ear or in the helmet?
- are they sterio?
- will the Scala Q2 pair with a Ipod Touch. The said Ipod has WiFi but I think there might be a blue tooth device that just plugs into the sound output jack

Hi MadnoB,

there is a Dongle/transmiter available for the ipod that you would be able to tune into it as if it was a radio station, see the details below..

http://store.apple.com/us/product/TQ043LL/A?fnode=home/shop_ipod/ipod_accessories/car_audio&mco=MzQxMjI0

The FM radio with the Scala has 6 stations that you can pre-set. bounce
Bear
Bear
Riding the skyways

Number of posts : 194
My bike : R1200RT (Sand Beige) & F800ST (Metalic Blue)
Registration date : 2008-06-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Rooikat 9th July 2008, 15:29

Hi all,

I bought the Scala Q2 (I actually bought 2 sets, for conversing with a friend while riding). I am very pleased with it. Very Happy

Pair it with my GPS (Zumo 500), pair the GPS with my phone, pair GPS with Scala, and pair Scala with friend with Scala (whenever).

I also commute to work, and the radio is also very useful. (Quite lekka, when there is some nice music with a beat... bounce bounce cheers

Enjoy the Scala, I do !!!!!!! .....

Ohhh yea, my ride is a 650GS.
Rooikat
Rooikat
Supercharged
Supercharged

Number of posts : 89
My bike : 2007 F650GS ........... AND ............. 800ST !!!!!!!!!
Registration date : 2008-07-09

Back to top Go down

Post by GSJeri 9th July 2008, 16:39

Rooikat wrote:Hi all,

I bought the Scala Q2 (I actually bought 2 sets, for conversing with a friend while riding). I am very pleased with it. Very Happy

Pair it with my GPS (Zumo 500), pair the GPS with my phone, pair GPS with Scala, and pair Scala with friend with Scala (whenever).

I also commute to work, and the radio is also very useful. (Quite lekka, when there is some nice music with a beat... bounce bounce cheers

Enjoy the Scala, I do !!!!!!! .....

Ohhh yea, my ride is a 650GS.

Rooikat,

Where did you buy and how much did you pay for it please?
GSJeri
GSJeri
Fuel Injected
Fuel Injected

Number of posts : 10
My bike : BMW R1200GS (2006)
Registration date : 2008-07-05

Back to top Go down

Post by GSing 9th July 2008, 17:35

We import the Scala's and the following are some of our dealers;

Bavarian Motorcycles Pretoria,
Silverton Midas,
Full Throttle,
Mosskays,
Harley Davidson Sandton.
GSing
GSing
Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Back to top Go down

Post by Bear 10th July 2008, 11:07

GSJeri wrote:

Rooikat,

Where did you buy and how much did you pay for it please?

Hi GSJeri,

The Scala is also available from Trenic Industries, speak to Brent van Niekerk Very Happy

http://trenic.co.za/
Bear
Bear
Riding the skyways

Number of posts : 194
My bike : R1200RT (Sand Beige) & F800ST (Metalic Blue)
Registration date : 2008-06-18

Back to top Go down

Post by JR 10th July 2008, 11:26

or go directly to the MMWC himself GPS4AFRICA speak to Pauli...........support our own Very Happy
JR
JR
The K-factor

Number of posts : 1164
My bike : K1300S, F800GS
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Rooikat 10th July 2008, 14:26

Hi all,

I bought mine from Bavarian (Vermeulen St, Pta) @ R2300 (obviously too much), as after I bought it, I saw that it was on special on GPS4Africa, for less than R2000. Don't know what the price is at the moment. I bought approximately March/April this year.
Rooikat
Rooikat
Supercharged
Supercharged

Number of posts : 89
My bike : 2007 F650GS ........... AND ............. 800ST !!!!!!!!!
Registration date : 2008-07-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down