BMW Motorcycle Club Pretoria
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» K 1200 GT FOR SALE ASKING R112 000.00 ono
by STEVE 19th November 2010, 13:45

» Three week Bliss
by Corlia 19th July 2010, 09:39

» From the UK - new element found in SA
by DaveS 7th July 2010, 18:53

» Tourmaster Airflow Pants
by Heretic 7th July 2010, 08:02

» Forum lockdown
by Admin 6th July 2010, 22:17

» New website, new forum!
by Marnus 6th July 2010, 20:10

» Who Will Win The Soccer World Cup
by 1150 adventure 4th July 2010, 12:06

» New forum?
by LeRoy Olivier 2nd July 2010, 10:40

» Your favourite photos
by Gert_GS_650 1st July 2010, 06:32

» NEW Clubhouse
by Thomas 30th June 2010, 21:44

Who is online?
In total there are 16 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 16 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 181 on 10th February 2021, 11:40
Statistics
We have 359 registered users
The newest registered user is Kruger

Our users have posted a total of 17455 messages in 1456 subjects

Ommie rand vannie land - Last day invite!

+4
Corlia
Fritzie
JR
GSlady
8 posters

Go down

Ommie rand vannie land - Last day invite! Empty Ommie rand vannie land - Last day invite!

Post by GSlady 23rd October 2008, 09:52

This is a continuation of Fritz's posting in NEWS:

All the info is in Fritz's document on our Club's website.

How can you help Fritz and the 11 year old Leukemia patient?? - here follows an extract:

"You can help me by sponsoring a part of my trip expenditure:
• A meal during my trip (R20), and/or
• Accommodation (R100) – I will try to camp as far as possible, and/or
• A tank of petrol (R300) – my bike’s tank takes 33 litres!, and/or
• Any donation, however small, for items such as flyers, stickers, t-shirts etc.
• Any funds received exceeding 50% of my expenditure will be paid into the
ANDRIO DE LANGE BONE MARROW TRUST (Registration No. IT 930/08)."

His bank details are on the document.

Fritz.. To start with: I'll sponsor 2 night's accommodation for your trip - R200.
Any others who want to do the same?

Last edited by GSlady on 23rd October 2008, 16:22; edited 1 time in total
GSlady
GSlady
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Number of posts : 859
My bike : 800GS - now with MUCH more character! Still enjoying every minute!
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Ommie rand vannie land - Last day invite! Empty Re: Ommie rand vannie land - Last day invite!

Post by JR 23rd October 2008, 11:09

GSlady wrote:.. To start with: I'll sponsor 2 night's accommodation for your trip - R200......

whohoo.....that's OUR chief lady cheers

Fritz, you have touched the heart strings here.......good cause and we like biking......and I like the number five

make it 5 night's accommodation

please help me (us) out here.......

the only account I find is the one in the name of the Andrio de Lange Bone Marrow Trust. Is this the account we must use for Fritz's expences as well?
JR
JR
The K-factor

Number of posts : 1164
My bike : K1300S, F800GS
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Back to top Go down

Ommie rand vannie land - Last day invite! Empty Re: Ommie rand vannie land - Last day invite!

Post by GSlady 23rd October 2008, 11:42

Thanks MadnohB!

Fritz's details on Page 2: FWT Pistorius, ABSA Hatfield.
http://www.bmwclubs.co.za/articles/Fritz%20project.pdf
GSlady
GSlady
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by JR 23rd October 2008, 15:23

I normally don’t get involved in driving a fund raising project……not on the foreground anyway…….simply because I struggle to ask people for money. Cool

However, this is such a worthy cause and it is initiated by a biker and by the looks of it, a BMW rider..……reading between the lines (33l fuel tank), I was starting to wonder what if this forum can set itself a target………….

maybe to try and cover the accommodation (camping) for 30 days at R100 per day as per Fritzie’s estimate ????????

let’s see……….we have 7 days covered………23 days to go………..

just wondering????

ps. Sorry Admin……I scanned all links supplied in this post for Fritzie’s account detail…..even Googled it……..but I did not look at the most obvious place…….THE CLUB’S HOMEPAGE Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
JR
JR
The K-factor

Back to top Go down

Post by GSlady 23rd October 2008, 16:24

Agree..
MadnohB wrote:... it is initiated by a biker and by the looks of it, a BMW rider..……
and what is more, Fritz is a member of our Club!
oh and he will ride his 1200Adventure.

And maybe the Club can sponsor a tank of fuel?
GSlady
GSlady
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Fritzie 23rd October 2008, 23:41

Thanks for the awesome response and help! I really apreciate it.

The response I got in only 7 days since last Thursday when a forwarded an email to friends an family is just unbelievable. People is contacting me all over the country offering help, accomodation etc. (I don't know what I am going to fill in my timesheet at work Rolling Eyes Shocked ).

I since received sponsors for printing work and graphic design and an article is appearing in the Beeld newspaper ("Tshwane" insert) on Wednesday. There are also other plans in the pipeline that I hope will realise. I will keep you updated.

Fritzie
I have to post more . . .

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Fritzie 30th October 2008, 18:05

Just an update.

Preparations are going well but hectic.

3 persons have indicated that they want to join me on my journey. So we are now 4 persons with a possible 5th person (provided that he can get himself a bike). The one guy, Francois got a son who received a bone marrow transplant in July. The other 2 guys is Gerrit Du Toit (www.motorbiking.co.za) and his friend from Tzaneen. We all have Adventures coincidently.

Fritzie

Back to top Go down

Post by Corlia 31st October 2008, 11:18

I will sponsor 2 nights accommodation! Strongs for the planning and preparations for your trip! Hope all will go well. And let's all pray that this will assist the young boy to be able recover to full strength!
Corlia
Corlia
Committee member
Committee member

Number of posts : 335
My bike : Dakar 650 GS Pillion
Registration date : 2008-07-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin 8th November 2008, 19:06

So far from forum members: 9 nights accommodation

Please make your contribution to Fritz (for his trip) or to the Andrio de Lange Bone Marrow Trust.

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 753
Registration date : 2008-02-25

http://www.bmwclubs.co.za

Back to top Go down

Post by Richard H 9th November 2008, 20:37

I'm in for a tank of motion lotion or three nights accommodation...

study
Richard H
Richard H
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Number of posts : 625
My bike : R1200GS, R100S
Registration date : 2008-06-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Jpbez 10th November 2008, 22:14

Fritz all the best with your trip - I pray that you guys will be safe and encounter true South African hospitality and generosity along the way.

I'll sponsor 2 nights accommodation (R200)...
Jpbez
Jpbez
Fuel Injected
Fuel Injected

Number of posts : 28
My bike : 650 GS Dakar
Registration date : 2008-10-11

Back to top Go down

Post by JR 10th November 2008, 23:36

that's 14 nights from this forum cheers ..............and counting
JR
JR
The K-factor

Back to top Go down

Post by Fritzie 11th November 2008, 19:07

Thanks guys, I appreciate it very much. It is unbelievable that relative strangers is helping in this way!

You can however make any further contributions directly into Andrio's Trust account. I think I've got 50% of my travel costs covered by now. The rest I will pay myself if need be (as I am obviously doing it for myself). Any funds received exeeding 50% of the traveling cost will be paid into Andrio's account after the trip.

Fritzie

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin 26th November 2008, 17:51

An update from Fritzie:

"Our focus has shifted a bit lately from campaigning to getting the bikes ready, getting our gear ready and sorting out the logistics.

The website is up-and-running. Please visit www.ommierand.co.za for the latest news and happenings. You can also follow the actual trip on the blog as we will make regular posts thereon.

Your feedback and comments on the blog will be much appreciated. Please register on the website so that we can keep you posted where relevant.

Thanks for all your support and donations. It is impossible to mention everybody by name. Take care and enjoy the festive season!"

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Ommie rand vannie land - Last day invite! Empty Looking for rider(s)?

Post by Thilo 2nd December 2008, 16:00

I'm planning to join Fritz and the gang for a small part of their journey around the country Very Happy I'll depart with them next Friday but I'll have to turn back at ± Balito (maybe via Graytown) as I have to be back in Pretoria on Sunday 14th December.

Are there any other guys that would like to travel back to the Gauteng area? scratch

Thank you
Thilo

Thilo

Number of posts : 1
My bike : GS 1200 at the moment... I need a GS Adventure though!
Registration date : 2008-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post by GSlady 2nd December 2008, 17:46

Wonderful Thilo! I wish....

and thanks for posting! Welcome to the forum!
GSlady
GSlady
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin 7th January 2009, 12:18

Invite to all from Fritz!

"Ons Ommierand Trip (www.ommierand.co.za) maak Saterdag om 12h00 by Bavarian klaar en enige iemand wat dalk 'n ent saam met ons wil ry op die N4 vanaf Waterval-Boven/Dullstroom se kant, is welkom. Dit sal great wees as 'n paar van die club ouens kan saamry. Hier het 25 bikers vandag ons vergesel van Letsitele tot op Tzaneen met polisie begeleiding!!

Dalk kan jy so ietsie laat val op die website of per mail. Ons sal in die week meer besonderhede op die blog plaas (www.ommierand.co.za). Dit lyk my daar gaan ouens so plek-plek by ons aansluit op die N4, al is dit net 'n paar kilos of 'n paar blokke in Pretoria ! Die idee is om ons rit so te "time" en by elke vulstasie aan te doen en dan bikers "op te tel' wat wil saamry. Hopelik is van die pers se mense ook by die eindpunt.

Beste groete
Fritz"

I'm going - I will call Fritz to find more about the route and timing. Any takers?

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JR 7th January 2009, 12:40

Admin wrote:.......I'm going - I will call Fritz to find more about the route and timing. Any takers?

mmh! the bikes are still very dirty from our trip and I have 2 weeks' work piled up Shocked but.............

you feed us with info and we will see what we can do Cool
JR
JR
The K-factor

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin 9th January 2009, 11:28

Fritz says:
"Ons slaap Vrydagaand oor in Waterval Boven. Die plan is om Saterdag 12h00 by Bavarian Motorcycles aan te kom. So ons sal seker tussen 7h00 en 8h00 uit W' Boven vertrek en met die N4 rustig deurry na Pretoria. Ons sal vinnig aanry by al die groot brandstofvulstasies op die N4, soos Millys, Engen (naby Belfast), Shell Ultra City (naby Witbank), Excell (naby Rayton) ens. So wees maar op die uitkyk vir die plakker-beplakte bikes!!

Ons kan nie sę hoe laat ons waar gaan wees nie, so werk die tye maar self uit.
Hopelik sien ons jou ten minste by Bavarian (Hoek van Nelson Mandela en Vermeulen in Pretoria)."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSlady 9th January 2009, 11:33

Come on Guys & Girls!
Fritz is a member of our Club, Gerrit is a sponsor of our website and they are doing a great job!

Who wants to join me? Any suggestions of a route to ride tomorrow and then joining them, say at Witbank or Rayton?
GSlady
GSlady
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by GSlady 9th January 2009, 16:14

Rupert invites everyone to join the group leaving from Atterbury Shell at 6:00 tomorrow morning.
They want to meet Fritz and company at Millie's.

Let's see how many of the Club we can get there!?
GSlady
GSlady
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by JR 10th January 2009, 06:27

We are planning to ride to the Midway Inn Hotel just outside Middelburg for breakfast. After brekkie we shall be waiting for the group at the Middelburg Onestop (the one just before Middelburg toll plaza traveling direction Pretoria). Leaving at 07:00 and will go past Shell Atterbury to see if there is anyone to pic up………although I somehow doubt if anyone will read this at this hour on a Saturday Wink
JR
JR
The K-factor

Back to top Go down

Post by GSlady 10th January 2009, 07:47

You're right! Smile
For those reading this one in time: We are 3 Bikes leaving Groenkloof (after our charity visit to Bramley House at 9:00) for the N4.
I hope the time allow us to join Fritzie's group at Rose Haven Excel.
GSlady
GSlady
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Fritzie 13th January 2009, 09:06

Thank you very much for everyone that joined us on Saturday!! Very Happy Very Happy Thanks also for Roger and team for all the effort you put in to make our arrival special.

It was AWESOME and I didn't expect so many bikers considering the short notice. The BMW members and website came to the party right from the start through exposure, donations etc. My riding buddies came to know of the project through the website as well as the Thilo that sponsored all the graphic design work for the flyers and logos.

To sum it up: the project would not have been nearly as successful wasn't it for you guys!!

Thanks again for everyones support and especially Dani (GSLady) for all her support. You are the best!!!

Fritzie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down