BMW Motorcycle Club Pretoria
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» K 1200 GT FOR SALE ASKING R112 000.00 ono
by STEVE 19th November 2010, 13:45

» Three week Bliss
by Corlia 19th July 2010, 09:39

» From the UK - new element found in SA
by DaveS 7th July 2010, 18:53

» Tourmaster Airflow Pants
by Heretic 7th July 2010, 08:02

» Forum lockdown
by Admin 6th July 2010, 22:17

» New website, new forum!
by Marnus 6th July 2010, 20:10

» Who Will Win The Soccer World Cup
by 1150 adventure 4th July 2010, 12:06

» New forum?
by LeRoy Olivier 2nd July 2010, 10:40

» Your favourite photos
by Gert_GS_650 1st July 2010, 06:32

» NEW Clubhouse
by Thomas 30th June 2010, 21:44

Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 181 on 10th February 2021, 11:40
Statistics
We have 359 registered users
The newest registered user is Kruger

Our users have posted a total of 17455 messages in 1456 subjects

Sad news: Des Pistorius & Denise Meyer

5 posters

Go down

Sad news: Des Pistorius & Denise Meyer Empty Sad news: Des Pistorius & Denise Meyer

Post by DaveS 24th March 2010, 13:39

Found on the Think Bike forum today:

Received this mail today 22 March 2010 from the national office of Ulysses South Africa. Des Pistorius is a platinum member of Ulysses SA.

Good Morning All

It was with great sadness yesterday that we heard of Des’s accident on the way back from the Buff rally yesterday. (21 March 2010)

Sadly Denise passed away and Des is in the Livingstone Hospital in Port Elizabeth with a broken hip joint and other cuts and bruising. Boswell, our only Ulysses K9 member was with them and he was uninjured and is being cared for by friends of Des in PE.

We will stay in touch with the hospital and when we have updates these will be passed on.

Morné Rossouw a member of CMA Port Elizabeth was with Des yesterday and last night and gave me most of the information received. Eddie Leo from Port Elizabeth has also been with Des and Miggie Nortje of PE has also undertaken visit and see that Des is taken care of whilst in PE.

A chap named Johan of East London also called last night to ask if we had heard about Des. He mentioned that the accident took place on the R42 between Port Alfred and Alexandria on a deviation in the road works that are going on there. I think Johan was a biker also returning from the Buff.

Our thoughts go out to Denise’s son and family and friends in the Durban Chapter and we sincerely hope and pray for a speedy recovery for Des and strength to see him through this very difficult and sad time.

Not sure if any of you were aware that Des was featured in the Two Wheels magazine this month as per information received from Jhb South chapter.

Will keep you all informed as I get information.
Kind regards
PENNY
ULYSSES SOUTH AFRICA
NATIONAL OFFICE
DaveS
DaveS
Committee member
Committee member

Number of posts : 1428
My bike : R1200GSA: R1200S(I think - has been annexed by Dorothy): S1000RR
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Back to top Go down

Sad news: Des Pistorius & Denise Meyer Empty Re: Sad news: Des Pistorius & Denise Meyer

Post by Wahl 24th March 2010, 13:54

Sad to hear
Wahl
Wahl
Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Number of posts : 306
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Sad news: Des Pistorius & Denise Meyer Empty Re: Sad news: Des Pistorius & Denise Meyer

Post by Wahl 24th March 2010, 15:03

Wahl
Wahl
Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Number of posts : 306
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveS 24th March 2010, 15:32

Here some more info from TB:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

""Miggie has been to visit Des and advised that Des is booked for an operation tomorrow – his femur is broken as well as his hip joint and the femur will be pinned. He is lucid and talking about the accident which he explained as follows:

When he arrived at the road works approximately 45 kms outside of PE, on the road back to East London, he was doing about 100 and the road was bumpy and the foot peg hit the tar and he and Denise rolled down the embankment and the bike fell on him. Hence his injuries.
Des mentioned Denise but did not give details of her injuries and Miggie did not like to ask.
Des’s son is in PE at the moment and Des gave permission for his bike to go to the Crash Shop in Despatch. His son knows this and also knows who has Boswell and all of Des and Denise’s belongings.

Durban chapter have advised that they will be flying Des back to Durban when he is discharged and Miggie advised that the PE chapter folk will see that he gets to the airport. So he is being taken care of and Morne Rossouw has assured me that as a CMA member he will keep visiting Des whilst he is there.

We can only pray for Des’s operation to go well tomorrow and for a speedy recovery.

We will keep you informed of any news.
Kind regards to all

PENNY
ULYSSES SOUTH AFRICA
NATIONAL OFFICE""

Sad news: Des Pistorius & Denise Meyer Dog20pic
DaveS
DaveS
Committee member
Committee member

Number of posts : 1428
My bike : R1200GSA: R1200S(I think - has been annexed by Dorothy): S1000RR
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by LeRoy Olivier 24th March 2010, 16:18

Even though one does not know the person involved in an accident - it is always sad to hear of it, doubly so when it is a fellow biker. Our thoughts and prayers for Des and his nearest and dearest in this time of loss.
LeRoy Olivier
LeRoy Olivier
LT Fanatic

Number of posts : 1394
My bike : K1200LT
Registration date : 2008-06-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Coetzee 26th March 2010, 10:25

This is truly sad. Deepest sympathy to all.
Sue Coetzee
Sue Coetzee
Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Number of posts : 131
My bike : R1200GS
Registration date : 2008-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Rudivv 26th March 2010, 12:51

Hi almal

Ek het hierdie maand juis die artikel in 2Wheels oor Des so geniet. Hoop hy sterk gou aan

Rudi
Rudivv
Rudivv
Supercharged
Supercharged

Number of posts : 55
My bike : R1200RT
Registration date : 2008-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down