BMW Motorcycle Club Pretoria
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» K 1200 GT FOR SALE ASKING R112 000.00 ono
by STEVE 19th November 2010, 13:45

» Three week Bliss
by Corlia 19th July 2010, 09:39

» From the UK - new element found in SA
by DaveS 7th July 2010, 18:53

» Tourmaster Airflow Pants
by Heretic 7th July 2010, 08:02

» Forum lockdown
by Admin 6th July 2010, 22:17

» New website, new forum!
by Marnus 6th July 2010, 20:10

» Who Will Win The Soccer World Cup
by 1150 adventure 4th July 2010, 12:06

» New forum?
by LeRoy Olivier 2nd July 2010, 10:40

» Your favourite photos
by Gert_GS_650 1st July 2010, 06:32

» NEW Clubhouse
by Thomas 30th June 2010, 21:44

Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 181 on 10th February 2021, 11:40
Statistics
We have 359 registered users
The newest registered user is Kruger

Our users have posted a total of 17455 messages in 1456 subjects

I would not go on a long trip without my.... (complete this sentence)

+18
JohanGT
Richard H
Rooikat
wingman
Gerrit
Andre
Bear
GSing
Mud Pooh-bah
Tr0jan
szalek
2UP4ADV
LeRoy Olivier
Henk
DaveS
Joe
GSlady
steyngert
22 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

I would not go on a long trip without my.... (complete this sentence) - Page 3 Empty Re: I would not go on a long trip without my.... (complete this sentence)

Post by DaveS 27th August 2008, 15:15

For a better time - good company and good alcohol! Very Happy
DaveS
DaveS
Committee member
Committee member

Number of posts : 1428
My bike : R1200GSA: R1200S(I think - has been annexed by Dorothy): S1000RR
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Back to top Go down

I would not go on a long trip without my.... (complete this sentence) - Page 3 Empty Re: I would not go on a long trip without my.... (complete this sentence)

Post by Henk 27th August 2008, 16:07

Oooops problem!! Dont do the alcohol thing anymore. Will settle for good woman affraid with bad intentions. Maybe a nice braai
Henk
Henk
Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Number of posts : 205
My bike : F650GS
Registration date : 2008-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Richard H 27th August 2008, 19:45

In the absence of good company, BAD company could be a little more entertaining...? Twisted Evil
Richard H
Richard H
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Number of posts : 625
My bike : R1200GS, R100S
Registration date : 2008-06-09

Back to top Go down

Post by JohanGT 27th August 2008, 23:30

Heater.

This was the joke of the trip when we joined the club on a trip to the Natal Spa last year. Our room's heater did not work and they could not get it fixed, so we rode into town and bought ourselves a heater.

When we left for Gauteng Renier and the others saw the heater and thought we took it with on the trip!

Well, we did not sleep cold again!
JohanGT
JohanGT
Committee member
Committee member

Number of posts : 246
My bike : K1200GT
Registration date : 2008-06-06

http://www.maartenspro.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Andre 27th August 2008, 23:35

LeRoy Olivier wrote:Providing the exhaust pipe is cold when using it
It does not matter what the temperature of the exhaust is when you are using it. However, it does make a difference when you pull it over the exhaust Embarassed
Andre
Andre
Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Number of posts : 334
My bike : R1200RT, R1100S, Yamaha TW200 (also want the new S1000RR!!)
Registration date : 2008-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Henk 28th August 2008, 07:07

Hopefully Johan had good company I am sure he took a lot of stick for that heater.
Andre-- There is better uses for that-----like party balloons lol!
Henk
Henk
Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Back to top Go down

Post by Andre 28th August 2008, 08:06

Henk wrote:Andre-- There is better uses for that-----like party balloons lol!
Have you tried filling it with water and throwing it at the partygoers Question
Andre
Andre
Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Back to top Go down

Post by Henk 28th August 2008, 09:13

Last time at school (koshuis) Picked up a few fights. Was a boys school so we could "let our hair down" Problem is then we had to pay. You will be astonished how much water it can take. But we are of the subject (again)
Henk
Henk
Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Back to top Go down

Post by tj 28th August 2008, 11:58

... my Gemmerkat!
tj
tj
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Number of posts : 674
My bike : K1300GT
Registration date : 2008-06-02

http://www.maree.co.za

Back to top Go down

Post by Henk 28th August 2008, 12:04

She must have forced you to say that........ or what did you do wrong now again lol!
Henk
Henk
Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Back to top Go down

Post by Bear 28th August 2008, 12:08

I always have a pack of antibacterial wet wipes in my topbox, use it for hands, bum, toilet seats and visors !!!
Bear
Bear
Riding the skyways

Number of posts : 194
My bike : R1200RT (Sand Beige) & F800ST (Metalic Blue)
Registration date : 2008-06-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Henk 28th August 2008, 12:13

Bear I do not see the 1200RT on your list of must takes. You sure you are getting one Razz You can always buy a GS Razz Razz
Henk
Henk
Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Back to top Go down

Post by Bear 28th August 2008, 12:17

That is a given, the ST will have to take the backburner for now.... cheers
Bear
Bear
Riding the skyways

Number of posts : 194
My bike : R1200RT (Sand Beige) & F800ST (Metalic Blue)
Registration date : 2008-06-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe 28th August 2008, 22:03

Bear wrote:That is a given, the ST will have to take the backburner for now.... cheers

ANOTHER tough but nice decision Wink
Joe
Joe
Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Number of posts : 148
My bike : K1200S Indigo Blue
Registration date : 2008-08-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Richard H 28th August 2008, 22:09

Richard H wrote:In the absence of good company, BAD company could be a little more entertaining...? Twisted Evil

I wouldn't want anyone to get the impression that I was proposing to consort with riff-raff...

I was of course referring to the band, "Bad Company", of whom I have a number of albums. I would not go on a long trip without my.... (complete this sentence) - Page 3 Ricky
Richard H
Richard H
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Number of posts : 625
My bike : R1200GS, R100S

Back to top Go down

Post by Andre 29th August 2008, 06:58

Richard H wrote:
Richard H wrote:In the absence of good company, BAD company could be a little more entertaining...? Twisted Evil

I wouldn't want anyone to get the impression that I was proposing to consort with riff-raff...

I was of course referring to the band, "Bad Company", of whom I have a number of albums. I would not go on a long trip without my.... (complete this sentence) - Page 3 Ricky
Now this is something worthy of a thread. If I am not mistaken, Paul Rogers is the lead singer for Bad Company. He also made a DVD with Queen a couple of years ago.
Andre
Andre
Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Back to top Go down

Post by JohanGT 29th August 2008, 15:47

How do you know the difference between Queen and BAD Company?

Well, the Queen of the road has mossies on the front of the windscreen while the BAD Company has mossies on the back of the helmet.
JohanGT
JohanGT
Committee member
Committee member

Back to top Go down

Post by Andre 5th September 2008, 14:43

In this modern times we live in it would be advisable to take your cell phone charger with (because the cell phone always goes with Exclamation )
Andre
Andre
Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Back to top Go down

Post by JohanGT 5th September 2008, 16:32

Andre wrote:In this modern times we live in it would be advisable to take your cell phone charger with (because the cell phone always goes with Exclamation )

Good idea - and remember that the connection on the Beamer is not a standard sigarette lighter socket - you need an adaptor from BMW.
JohanGT
JohanGT
Committee member
Committee member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony R 5th September 2008, 16:43

Same as the Triumph sprint socket. It is very small and needs an adaptor as well.

Tony R
Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Number of posts : 225
My bike : Sadly no bike. Finances forced the sale of my Tigger.
Registration date : 2008-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Mud Pooh-bah 26th November 2008, 16:46

JohanGT wrote:
Andre wrote:In this modern times we live in it would be advisable to take your cell phone charger with (because the cell phone always goes with Exclamation )

Good idea - and remember that the connection on the Beamer is not a standard sigarette lighter socket - you need an adaptor from BMW.

Or you could go to any electrical or 4x4 shop and buy a Hella male plug and a normal sigaret lighter female. Wire these together and you have an adapter at a tenth of the cost. Made myself one in no time!!!

Never leave for a trip without it.
Mud Pooh-bah
Mud Pooh-bah
Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Number of posts : 458
My bike : BMW R1150 GS Adventure, Yamaha WR250F, Suzuki DR200 and counting
Registration date : 2008-06-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy-go-lucky 26th November 2008, 18:46

Well back to the topic. I would make sure I have my
cellphone (charged)
wallet
bike tools
GPS (if going into unknown areas)
tent, etc (if camping)
Happy-go-lucky
Happy-go-lucky
Your Friendly Black Knight

Number of posts : 378
My bike : BMW F650GS FL 2007
Yamaha TTR250 2009
Registration date : 2008-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5th January 2009, 19:43

1. Ear plugs
2. Tripod - next time
3. Turtle neck - this piece of leather keeps your neck warm in the early morning. I cannot understand that nobody else in the club uses it.

Back to top Go down

Post by JR 5th January 2009, 20:04

sjoe! hoeveel Bossies kan daar wees? Laughing

as dit die Bossie is wat ek dink dit is........baie welkom hier. Indien nie........steeds welkom cheers

Bossie wrote:......Turtle neck - this piece of leather keeps your neck warm in the early morning. I cannot understand that nobody else in the club uses it.

do you have a photo of a "Turtle neck" ?
JR
JR
The K-factor

Number of posts : 1164
My bike : K1300S, F800GS
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post by LeRoy Olivier 7th January 2009, 14:34

Jamie - Dalk 'n ander Bossie - Johan Boshof is al van ongeveer 2004/05 lid van die klub - net nie eintlik aktief op die forum gewees nie.

But yes welcome to the forum. We met Johan and Nettie on their first long trip with the club in 2005 to Kosi Bay.
LeRoy Olivier
LeRoy Olivier
LT Fanatic

Number of posts : 1394
My bike : K1200LT

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next