BMW Motorcycle Club Pretoria
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» K 1200 GT FOR SALE ASKING R112 000.00 ono
by STEVE 19th November 2010, 13:45

» Three week Bliss
by Corlia 19th July 2010, 09:39

» From the UK - new element found in SA
by DaveS 7th July 2010, 18:53

» Tourmaster Airflow Pants
by Heretic 7th July 2010, 08:02

» Forum lockdown
by Admin 6th July 2010, 22:17

» New website, new forum!
by Marnus 6th July 2010, 20:10

» Who Will Win The Soccer World Cup
by 1150 adventure 4th July 2010, 12:06

» New forum?
by LeRoy Olivier 2nd July 2010, 10:40

» Your favourite photos
by Gert_GS_650 1st July 2010, 06:32

» NEW Clubhouse
by Thomas 30th June 2010, 21:44

Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 181 on 10th February 2021, 11:40
Statistics
We have 359 registered users
The newest registered user is Kruger

Our users have posted a total of 17455 messages in 1456 subjects

GS Ride to Ruby River Lodge - 6 June

3 posters

Go down

GS Ride to Ruby River Lodge - 6 June Empty GS Ride to Ruby River Lodge - 6 June

Post by Admin 28th May 2010, 14:10

Drix will lead the trip next Sunday - as he is on his way to the Comrades, here is some information on his behalf:

Sections of the route will be the same as the previous ride(s) to Loskop/Dullstroom but with several new sections that will add to variety and pleasure!

Departure:
From BP Centurion - 6:00 for 6:30
Please be early if you want to enjoy a free coffee by host, Johan Toerien.

Breakfast will be at the same Ruby River Lodge where the GS group will/might meet up with the S-group and Trudie's OvernighTer group - depends on travel time.

See you there?

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 753
Registration date : 2008-02-25

http://www.bmwclubs.co.za

Back to top Go down

GS Ride to Ruby River Lodge - 6 June Empty Re: GS Ride to Ruby River Lodge - 6 June

Post by dakardrix 3rd June 2010, 15:43

Some changes and final arrangements for the GS ride:

Time change - it is now 07:00 for 07:30 at the BP Centurion.

We will not be gunning for breakfast at Ruby, but rather aim to be there after 11am and eat from their menu.

The latter part of the route will be the same for those who have done it with me before, i.e. the lovely stretch through the valley and past the Loskom Nature Reserve.

From the start at BP Centurion we will again take the normal highway stretch to N4 and Hans Strijdom, then onto Rayton via old Bronkies Road. I have looked at all kinds of options, but time does not allow variety till there. We will stop at the Total in Rayton to get fuel and drop tyre pressure - so.. if you oversleep and still want to join up, we should be there at around 8am.

From there I have changed the route and we will do a nice stretch that was new to me and I recce'd 2 weeks ago, in order to give a different ride to the regulars.

Hope to see more there with the later start! And I'm looking for a volunteer sweep... if you haven't done it before, it is a nice and different way to ride.
dakardrix
dakardrix
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Number of posts : 608
My bike : F800GS
Registration date : 2008-12-11

Back to top Go down

GS Ride to Ruby River Lodge - 6 June Empty Re: GS Ride to Ruby River Lodge - 6 June

Post by mario 5th June 2010, 14:12

Hi Drix!

I think Jaco and I will wait at the crossing of Hans Strijdom and the R104 (Bronkhorstspruit Rd). We live in Lynnwood, so that saves the 20 minute trip to Centurion and the ride back past our home... If we get there at 7h40 we should be OK I think. I'm quite willing to act as sweep, won't be there at the start though, but will gladly take on the job from the R104 onwards if required...

groete
mario
mario
Supercharged
Supercharged

Number of posts : 71
Honda NXR125
Registration date : 2009-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by dakardrix 5th June 2010, 18:23

Hi Mario - tx, Bruno offered as sweep as well (if he oversleeps I'll take up your offer! Wink

Marnus and a couple of others are also meeting us in Rayton (Total) after 8, so you can make your way there as well, but I will look out for you at the Hans Strijdom/R104.

Think we will still be on the N1/N4 at 7h40... you know what a mission it is to get these GS okes away on time - friend Morne on KTM 990 will join us tomorrow, so hope to inspire some urgency... hehe
dakardrix
dakardrix
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Number of posts : 608
Registration date : 2008-12-11

Back to top Go down

Post by mario 5th June 2010, 18:32

OK, will travel on to Rayton on the R104 if we are up early enough!
mario
mario
Supercharged
Supercharged

Number of posts : 71
Honda NXR125
Registration date : 2009-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down