BMW Motorcycle Club Pretoria
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» K 1200 GT FOR SALE ASKING R112 000.00 ono
by STEVE 19th November 2010, 13:45

» Three week Bliss
by Corlia 19th July 2010, 09:39

» From the UK - new element found in SA
by DaveS 7th July 2010, 18:53

» Tourmaster Airflow Pants
by Heretic 7th July 2010, 08:02

» Forum lockdown
by Admin 6th July 2010, 22:17

» New website, new forum!
by Marnus 6th July 2010, 20:10

» Who Will Win The Soccer World Cup
by 1150 adventure 4th July 2010, 12:06

» New forum?
by LeRoy Olivier 2nd July 2010, 10:40

» Your favourite photos
by Gert_GS_650 1st July 2010, 06:32

» NEW Clubhouse
by Thomas 30th June 2010, 21:44

Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 181 on 10th February 2021, 11:40
Statistics
We have 359 registered users
The newest registered user is Kruger

Our users have posted a total of 17455 messages in 1456 subjects

Starcom1 Digital intercom did it

4 posters

Go down

Starcom1 Digital intercom did it Empty Starcom1 Digital intercom did it

Post by Chunky 2nd July 2009, 20:39

I decided on the Starcom1 Digital intercom after many a nights research. I must state that I have severe tinnitus and was looking for a system that could do the amplification and does not cost me an arm and a leg.

I got hold of Lawrence through mail and he answered my last questions that made me make my final decision. I ordered made the EBT at about 14h00 and the shipment was on the plane that night (shipping/delivery from Cape town to Pretoria was only R40-00). I got my system the next day before 12h00. The optional volume control was out of stock and was shipped the next day, which I got a day later before 10h00. Now this is what I call speedy service. I am not easily pleased but this impressed me.

I decided to first install the headsets in a BMW systems 4 and 5 helmets. It was quite a mission and took about 3 hours, but its need and look professional. The installation on the bike took me about an hour and a half from start to finish. The only thing that I still need to do is to install the Volume control on the handle bars. I am waiting for a special Zumo bracket that I ordered before I take the tank off for the installation of the Zumo power cable and the Volume control------ and besides my tank is full of juice (33 liters of it) >Very Happy >Very Happy >Very Happy want to get the tank empty for the exercise Cool Cool Cool.

After the installation me and my better half had the helmets on and I adjusted the volume a bit up from the factory settings and adjusted my even a tad higher for the tinnitus. We took it for a spin and I must say it work like its suppose to. 140 km/h no noise and cristal clear :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

I belief the Intercom system and us will have a good understanding in the future. Looking forward to the Namakwaland trip in August and the Namibia trip in December :ricky: :ricky: :ricky:
Chunky
Chunky
Supercharged
Supercharged

Number of posts : 85
My bike : R1200 GS Adventure & PGO G-MAX
Registration date : 2008-06-12

Back to top Go down

Starcom1 Digital intercom did it Empty Re: Starcom1 Digital intercom did it

Post by Daleen 3rd July 2009, 10:04

Chunky, do you perhaps have a website with more information on the intercom kit? How much did all of this cost you?
Daleen
Daleen
Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Number of posts : 157
My bike : Red F650GS.
Registration date : 2009-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky 4th July 2009, 18:05

The website is
http://starcom1.co.za/

The Starcom1 Digital unit cost R5100-00. The extra iPod cable cost R50-00. The Volume control cost R400-00 (to overide the set level, but it will still go harder and softer for the new level that you selected on the volume control). The delivery cost R40-00. Total cost R5665-00

I hope this will help you.
Chunky
Chunky
Supercharged
Supercharged

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristoEngelbrecht 5th July 2009, 08:59

I see Hermanator from Cape Town just registered on the Forum. This is the Lawrence that you contacted for the Starcom system.
ChristoEngelbrecht
ChristoEngelbrecht
Supercharged
Supercharged

Number of posts : 59
My bike : K1200LT R1200GSA R100RS
Registration date : 2008-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky 5th July 2009, 18:42

Just did a road trip today to Cullinan with nobody showing at the Lemontree. The Starcom1 system work fine 200 Km/h+. VOX and every thing is fine. The only thing that was irritating was that I could hear the wind noise in the wife's helmet. So just a little more adjustment and we will be there. Very Happy
Chunky
Chunky
Supercharged
Supercharged

Back to top Go down

Post by Hermanator 6th July 2009, 19:42

Hi All,
Thanks Chunky for the glowing report. I'm pleased that you are happy with your system. With regards to the windnoise, please check and make sure that you pillions microphone touches her lips. This is the only way wind noise can enter the system. If you can pass a piece of paper between her lips and the microphone, there's too great a gap.

Please note that the telephone numbers on the Starcom1.co.za web site are incorrect. Please call me on 021-418-0399 or 0768355923.

regards

Lawrence
p.s. I am aware of the formality of commercial postings an will address this with the moderators. Just wanted to reply to this note as a matter of protocal.
Hermanator
Hermanator
I have to post more . . .
I have to post more . . .

Number of posts : 4
My bike : Fleet of 60 BMW's, 650 twins and 1200GS's - My Ladies!
Registration date : 2009-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down