BMW Motorcycle Club Pretoria
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» K 1200 GT FOR SALE ASKING R112 000.00 ono
by STEVE 19th November 2010, 13:45

» Three week Bliss
by Corlia 19th July 2010, 09:39

» From the UK - new element found in SA
by DaveS 7th July 2010, 18:53

» Tourmaster Airflow Pants
by Heretic 7th July 2010, 08:02

» Forum lockdown
by Admin 6th July 2010, 22:17

» New website, new forum!
by Marnus 6th July 2010, 20:10

» Who Will Win The Soccer World Cup
by 1150 adventure 4th July 2010, 12:06

» New forum?
by LeRoy Olivier 2nd July 2010, 10:40

» Your favourite photos
by Gert_GS_650 1st July 2010, 06:32

» NEW Clubhouse
by Thomas 30th June 2010, 21:44

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 181 on 10th February 2021, 11:40
Statistics
We have 359 registered users
The newest registered user is Kruger

Our users have posted a total of 17455 messages in 1456 subjects

Appointed Accredited Dealer for Baehr Motorcycle Communication Systems

5 posters

Go down

Appointed Accredited Dealer for Baehr Motorcycle Communication Systems Empty Appointed Accredited Dealer for Baehr Motorcycle Communication Systems

Post by GSing 18th June 2008, 21:32

The ultimate communication system from Germany. Leader in technology with the most advanced motorcycle communications systems in the world.
Here is the Intercom that Motorcyclists worldwide have voted “Best Product” and “Best Buy”…
By far the worlds best motorcycle communication systems.......
All you need is baehr ...
The ultimate communication system from Germany. Leader in technology with the most advanced motorcycle communications systems in the world - hand made aluminium waterproof units with a 2 year warranty.

View our product flyer & Baehr catalogue see our online shop http://www.gps4africa.co.za

Carefree communicating whilst touring. BAEHR has opened the way! Advanced techniques have ensured that BAEHR is top of the range in all comparative tests. With baehr's intercom system or bike-to-bike radio system you can now experience ultimate cycling pleasure.
"... touring in perfection" that's more than a slogan - it is also the motto for all our activities.
Baehr has become a household name for its intercoms, they caused a huge stir with the Silencer and not only all-weather-bikers really do appreciate the heated gloves.
After a few not particularly successful attempts to market not only their own products, they just refocused on their original excellence. For the future Baehr will only offer genuine products to meet the requirements of their highly sophisticated clientele. Furthermore, they set a high value on keeping in contact with customers to benefit from their experience, as practical experience will always be the best test rig.
Baehr's philosophy: Perfect products for challenging customers - ... touring ... sport ... and off road bikers!
GSing
GSing
Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2008-03-03

http://www.gps4africa.co.za

Back to top Go down

Appointed Accredited Dealer for Baehr Motorcycle Communication Systems Empty Re: Appointed Accredited Dealer for Baehr Motorcycle Communication Systems

Post by LeRoy Olivier 15th July 2008, 22:37

Only problem with the solution is that it is very pricy, compared to the new solutions available. LeRoy
LeRoy Olivier
LeRoy Olivier
LT Fanatic

Number of posts : 1394
My bike : K1200LT
Registration date : 2008-06-09

Back to top Go down

Appointed Accredited Dealer for Baehr Motorcycle Communication Systems Empty Re: Appointed Accredited Dealer for Baehr Motorcycle Communication Systems

Post by JohanGT 18th August 2008, 23:09

The Baehr system is very expensive. Originally we fitted our System V helmets with this system and when we bought the Arai and Shoei helmets, we had to pay another R3000 for these helmets.

However, that was much better than the systems available at the time which worked well with a cell phone but you could not understand a word your pillion was saying. AND then you had to remove the systems when it started raining very hard!

Sometimes the saying is true that says "Pay peanuts and you get monkeys". But when the new bluetooth SCALA system came along it changed everything.

Whatever system you choose, read the fine print properly. Can it work in pouring rain or is it weather proof? Can you get the support when you need it? I must say that the support we got from GPS4Africa was stunning!
JohanGT
JohanGT
Committee member
Committee member

Number of posts : 246
My bike : K1200GT
Registration date : 2008-06-06

http://www.maartenspro.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe 25th August 2008, 21:01

JohanGT wrote:
But when the new bluetooth SCALA system came along it changed everything.

How do you find the sound quality through bluetooth at the higher end of the speed scale? Muast make sure before I take the plunge .. scratch
Joe
Joe
Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Number of posts : 148
My bike : K1200S Indigo Blue
Registration date : 2008-08-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Andre 25th August 2008, 21:41

I have the Scala Rider Teamset and I find the sound OK at high speed. The only problem with Bluetooth sound is that it is still Mono, so the music sound is a bit flat. I guess the type of helmet will also affect the sound because of the wind-noise inside the helmet at high speed. I have the Sports Integral and it is really not noisy. The Baer system has better noise suppression at high speed that helps with noisier helmets.
Andre
Andre
Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Number of posts : 334
My bike : R1200RT, R1100S, Yamaha TW200 (also want the new S1000RR!!)
Registration date : 2008-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe 27th August 2008, 06:47

Also have the Integrale, will be talking to GSing soon cheers
Joe
Joe
Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Number of posts : 148
My bike : K1200S Indigo Blue
Registration date : 2008-08-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Andre 27th August 2008, 06:59

Just on the topic of waterproofing. I have travelled from Pietermaritzburg to Villiers in the pouring rain with my Scala Rider without any problems. So I can safely say it is a waterproof system and good value for money Very Happy
Andre
Andre
Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Back to top Go down

Post by Andre 27th August 2008, 07:01

Oh, and I forgot to say, it truely is a breeze to install. I installed it myself in both my Sports Integral helmets within 30 minutes Basketball
Andre
Andre
Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down