BMW Motorcycle Club Pretoria
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» K 1200 GT FOR SALE ASKING R112 000.00 ono
by STEVE 19th November 2010, 13:45

» Three week Bliss
by Corlia 19th July 2010, 09:39

» From the UK - new element found in SA
by DaveS 7th July 2010, 18:53

» Tourmaster Airflow Pants
by Heretic 7th July 2010, 08:02

» Forum lockdown
by Admin 6th July 2010, 22:17

» New website, new forum!
by Marnus 6th July 2010, 20:10

» Who Will Win The Soccer World Cup
by 1150 adventure 4th July 2010, 12:06

» New forum?
by LeRoy Olivier 2nd July 2010, 10:40

» Your favourite photos
by Gert_GS_650 1st July 2010, 06:32

» NEW Clubhouse
by Thomas 30th June 2010, 21:44

Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 181 on 10th February 2021, 11:40
Statistics
We have 359 registered users
The newest registered user is Kruger

Our users have posted a total of 17455 messages in 1456 subjects

PERSONAL SAFETY AT CLUB FRIDAYS - Muggings

+3
Happy-go-lucky
Sias
tj
7 posters

Go down

PERSONAL SAFETY AT CLUB FRIDAYS - Muggings Empty PERSONAL SAFETY AT CLUB FRIDAYS - Muggings

Post by tj 6th July 2009, 10:33

Although this is the first incident I have heard of in the three years involved at the club it is scary and blatantly outragious.

Upon leaving last Friday evening the one car watch told us that Petra's handbag were snatched at her car - three were apprehended. Her bag was found but purse and cards missing. This apparently happened early the evening.

Two new members, Catharine-Ann and Karen who joined last Friday were also attacked at their vehicle upon leaving. They succeeded to jump in their car before these bastards could take their bags. They mentioned that although they are quite exited to be members they do not feel safe to visit the noggins again.

Wow, guys we are responsible for our members. What are we going todo about this new tendency? Sad Surprised Shocked Shocked Shocked Embarassed Embarassed Crying or Very sad
tj
tj
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Number of posts : 674
My bike : K1300GT
Registration date : 2008-06-02

http://www.maree.co.za

Back to top Go down

PERSONAL SAFETY AT CLUB FRIDAYS - Muggings Empty Re: PERSONAL SAFETY AT CLUB FRIDAYS - Muggings

Post by Sias 6th July 2009, 11:18

Don't leave alone (especially the ladies)! Leave in groups. Be aware, look around. These guys target people that are unaware. If they see you looking around or if they see you seeing them they’d probably leave you alone.

On the other hand we might want to think about getting one or two more guards… This tendency has to be stopped before it gets out of hand.

BASTARDS!!!
Sias
Sias
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Number of posts : 548
My bike : F650GS Dakar
Registration date : 2008-07-10

Back to top Go down

PERSONAL SAFETY AT CLUB FRIDAYS - Muggings Empty Re: PERSONAL SAFETY AT CLUB FRIDAYS - Muggings

Post by Happy-go-lucky 6th July 2009, 12:15

Though luckily for me in a sense, I ride my bike to the Club meetings and park by the Service entrance.

This is very serious. The street crime is very bad in this area, that even students wanting to move between the two campuses MUST use the mini-bus provided by TUT to travel the distance of 1 block, next to the river, that separates the two campus even in DAY time hours. Before the safety rule was brought in, many students got mugged even in the day time. You have to be very alert in this area.
Happy-go-lucky
Happy-go-lucky
Your Friendly Black Knight

Number of posts : 378
My bike : BMW F650GS FL 2007
Yamaha TTR250 2009
Registration date : 2008-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by GSNieP 6th July 2009, 13:55

!!!Stop giving money to so called car guards that apparently look after your car on the street or pavements or at sporting venues!!!

My girlfriend had an incident at Supersport Park during one of the IPL games when 10 - 15 so called car guards surrounded the car when she tried to leave demanded more money! She almost had to drive over them to get away . . .

These car guards are no more than low life criminals with reflector vest! I chase them away and urge u to do the same to stop them from gathering on streets – Police and security companies are there to patrol streets and pavements, not low life criminals scum with reflector vests!!!!
GSNieP
GSNieP
Fuel Injected
Fuel Injected

Number of posts : 36
My bike : F800GS
Registration date : 2008-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by LeRoy Olivier 6th July 2009, 16:59

This is unacceptable - might now be the time to move the monthly Noggin to the new shop near Silverlakes. Was just a question of time before this happened. It could have been worse.
LeRoy Olivier
LeRoy Olivier
LT Fanatic

Number of posts : 1394
My bike : K1200LT
Registration date : 2008-06-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Mud Pooh-bah 6th July 2009, 17:26

We will have to get Bavarian to beef up security. Unfortunately these things happen everywhere nowadays. Moving might proof to be safer but the chances for incidents at the new venue is still very high.

The main weapon is being aware and pro-active. We are after all living in SA. I would not advise any lady to walk on their own anywhere in Gauteng. You are basically inviting trouble.

I suggest Bavarian start an escourt service Embarassed

That is now a service where a guard or two wait for people at the Bavarian entrance and walk them to their cars.

Actually we left at 12:30 on Friday night (or is that now Sa morning??) and was escourted by Desmond all the way to our car.
Mud Pooh-bah
Mud Pooh-bah
Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Number of posts : 458
My bike : BMW R1150 GS Adventure, Yamaha WR250F, Suzuki DR200 and counting
Registration date : 2008-06-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sias 7th July 2009, 09:55

Thats because he saw you were a bit unaware drunken Laughing
Sias
Sias
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Number of posts : 548
My bike : F650GS Dakar
Registration date : 2008-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by LeRoy Olivier 7th July 2009, 14:22

I must add here - we have been members of the club since 2004 and this is the first time that suchlike incident took place - obviously more will have to be done to ensure that this does not happen again.
LeRoy Olivier
LeRoy Olivier
LT Fanatic

Number of posts : 1394
My bike : K1200LT
Registration date : 2008-06-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Marnus 7th July 2009, 22:11

Hmmm.... be aware, travel in groups, have more guards,,,

This sounds too much like how food behaves in nature Mad
Marnus
Marnus
Committee member
Committee member

Number of posts : 936
My bike : R1200GSA / G450X / YZ450F
Registration date : 2008-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down