BMW Motorcycle Club Pretoria
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» K 1200 GT FOR SALE ASKING R112 000.00 ono
by STEVE 19th November 2010, 13:45

» Three week Bliss
by Corlia 19th July 2010, 09:39

» From the UK - new element found in SA
by DaveS 7th July 2010, 18:53

» Tourmaster Airflow Pants
by Heretic 7th July 2010, 08:02

» Forum lockdown
by Admin 6th July 2010, 22:17

» New website, new forum!
by Marnus 6th July 2010, 20:10

» Who Will Win The Soccer World Cup
by 1150 adventure 4th July 2010, 12:06

» New forum?
by LeRoy Olivier 2nd July 2010, 10:40

» Your favourite photos
by Gert_GS_650 1st July 2010, 06:32

» NEW Clubhouse
by Thomas 30th June 2010, 21:44

Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 181 on 10th February 2021, 11:40
Statistics
We have 359 registered users
The newest registered user is Kruger

Our users have posted a total of 17455 messages in 1456 subjects

Pants and boots. (Sounds like a band...)

+11
Marnus
LeRoy Olivier
Tony R
tj
morpheus
GSlady
Sias
KnopKop
ChristoEngelbrecht
JR
dakardrix
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Pants and boots.  (Sounds like a band...) - Page 2 Empty Re: Pants and boots. (Sounds like a band...)

Post by tj 7th March 2009, 21:56

Ja I would also like to learn that trick!?

But then to all our members presently taking in as much as possible carbos for tomorrows Argus/Pick & Pay. We think of you. May you overcome the heat and score plenty. GSlady (11th ???) Sue & Elaine and the others I don't know of. Vasbyt en laat die kettings sing!!

Oh no, another highjack.

Sorry guys... but these girls are VERRYYYY special to us.
tj
tj
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Number of posts : 674
My bike : K1300GT
Registration date : 2008-06-02

http://www.maree.co.za

Back to top Go down

Pants and boots.  (Sounds like a band...) - Page 2 Empty Re: Pants and boots. (Sounds like a band...)

Post by GSlady 7th March 2009, 22:15

Thanks tj

yes my first ride with a yellow number!..

but all systems seem to be well on the run..

talk again in the afternoon.. after the Blue Route, Klaas Jagers, Misty Cliffs, Chappies, Suikerbossie and all the other sceneries.

It's always great!,, bounce bounce
GSlady
GSlady
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Number of posts : 859
My bike : 800GS - now with MUCH more character! Still enjoying every minute!
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristoEngelbrecht 7th March 2009, 22:34

While the hijack is still on.... Will see you all tomorrow at the Argus.

I will be the only red R1200GSA with a cameraman from Germany as pillion.
ChristoEngelbrecht
ChristoEngelbrecht
Supercharged
Supercharged

Number of posts : 59
My bike : K1200LT R1200GSA R100RS
Registration date : 2008-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by GSlady 9th March 2009, 08:27

Then it was YOU on top of Chappies?
Remember the lady in pink saying: "Jis jy't 'n mooi fiets."?
GSlady
GSlady
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristoEngelbrecht 9th March 2009, 08:29

So many blokes said I have a nice bike and I can not remember them, but yes, I can remember the lady saying that.
ChristoEngelbrecht
ChristoEngelbrecht
Supercharged
Supercharged

Number of posts : 59
My bike : K1200LT R1200GSA R100RS
Registration date : 2008-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Marnus 9th March 2009, 08:44

GSlady wrote:Thanks tj

yes my first ride with a yellow number!..

but all systems seem to be well on the run..

talk again in the afternoon.. after the Blue Route, Klaas Jagers, Misty Cliffs, Chappies, Suikerbossie and all the other sceneries.

It's always great!,, bounce bounce

Seeing that this tread is soooo hijacked already, can I request an Argus ride report?? At least it seems that you've reached Chapmans Peak Smile
Marnus
Marnus
Committee member
Committee member

Number of posts : 936
My bike : R1200GSA / G450X / YZ450F
Registration date : 2008-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post by GSlady 11th March 2009, 21:54

Yep.. I survived. Most difficult Argus ever. No pictures though - my helmet cam blew away . .
(If only I had one!) Idea
GSlady
GSlady
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by dakardrix 12th March 2009, 09:17

So that's the report then? Laughing Well done D!
dakardrix
dakardrix
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Number of posts : 608
My bike : F800GS
Registration date : 2008-12-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Straatvalk 11th May 2009, 14:54

I know a teenager just out of school. She was in an intersection accident Friday. Overall she is fine, but her knee is completely shattered. I can not stop myself thinking that she may have been 100% with propper gear. Sad
Straatvalk
Straatvalk
Fuel Injected
Fuel Injected

Number of posts : 16
My bike : R1200GS
Registration date : 2009-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Richard H 11th May 2009, 22:17

Cyclists think they are immortal...until the first fall ! Sad
Richard H
Richard H
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Number of posts : 625
My bike : R1200GS, R100S
Registration date : 2008-06-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Straatvalk 12th May 2009, 08:48

For sure. The thing is biking offers you that sense of freedom, but now you have to put on these layers of clothes which is not always so comfortable. This restrict that sense of freedom. Neutral

I Gym in the morning so I have to lug around 3 sets of clothes. One on the but and 2 in the topbox. Add some rain gear and lunch in there and it becomes really crowded in there! tongue
Straatvalk
Straatvalk
Fuel Injected
Fuel Injected

Number of posts : 16
My bike : R1200GS
Registration date : 2009-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by voyger34 12th May 2009, 14:14

Im thinking of buying the bm comfort shell- pants jacket combo- has anyone on this forum tried it ?- the sales peaple-blab says its cool in summer-warm in winter and 100% waterproof- not too sure if its really true but would save a lot of hassle- the touring jacket I bought is so hot I never wear it- the mesh one I then bought is to cold in winter- lol gues I should have just bought the comfort shell in the 1st place would have saved a lot of wasted money on the other 2 jackets- Would really like to hear coments from peaple that are wearing the comfort shell
voyger34
voyger34
I have to post more . . .

Number of posts : 8
My bike : K1300s
Registration date : 2009-05-12

Back to top Go down

Post by JR 12th May 2009, 15:38

Laughing Laughing Laughing did I say welcome......

don't want to sound overeager here so I'll just post a useful link

http://www.bmwk1200s.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8577&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=comfort+shell&sid=0c6d08bbdea1062c71c0349749bdd754

and no, I'm not following you around
JR
JR
The K-factor

Number of posts : 1164
My bike : K1300S, F800GS

Back to top Go down

Post by voyger34 12th May 2009, 16:21

Ok - I just realized who you are lol- Im on that forum as well thanx to you-dont know why I never saw the stuff on the comfort shell there-you are a VERY helpfull chap .

So I read it all including the links-this is what I learned- The comfort shell is very good as a daily riding suite and it crash protection should be good but not as good as eg Hein Gerike and some other top fabric suits- the negatives- its not really water proof and its going to wear the paint off my shiny new toy- any one want an airflow and a tour master jacket cheap - almost new lol- not keen on the idea of wearing the paint off my tank though
voyger34
voyger34

Number of posts : 8
My bike : K1300s
Registration date : 2009-05-12

Back to top Go down

Post by JR 12th May 2009, 16:41

I don't agree except for the part of the abrasive pants and subsequent possible damage to the tank's paint......but that goes for the Airflow 1 , 2 & 3, Venting Machine and several others.

Get the City pants in denim (not water proof) or protect the bike with clear film or dedicated tank pads

voyger34 wrote:Im on that forum as well

ah, good one. Yes I'm forced to operate under an alias here....otherwise they will chase me away pirat and it's working, they still have no idea who I am or what I'm capable off Twisted Evil
JR
JR
The K-factor

Number of posts : 1164
My bike : K1300S, F800GS

Back to top Go down

Post by LeRoy Olivier 20th May 2009, 16:39

Drix & Johan - with regards to your post on page 2 of this thread - with regards to rolling the bike to the side. How long have you been biking - some tricks you learn by falling. Learnt with the 50cc way back when (1970's) when protective clothing was but a dream. So you quickly taught yourself how to go down and minimise damage to yourself and your pride and joy.

We (myself and the new motorist) were moving very slow at that time, saw the cars vendor when it was about to contact the protective fin (LT - right hand side), turned the handlebars to the left - full lock, and let the momentum of the car push the bike over, put my foot down and controlled the drop of the LT to the tar, went over and rolled over my left shoulder - controlled fall.

As i said - it was just as we pulled off - rolling speed was low - was relatively easy to control it. Higher speed - would have been a diffent ball game. Lesson learnt - evade the situation that put me in the precarious position that allowed this in the first place to happen.

Getting back to the original topic - the Leather Jacket and rding boots provided the protection i at that point in time needed.
LeRoy Olivier
LeRoy Olivier
LT Fanatic

Number of posts : 1394
My bike : K1200LT

Back to top Go down

Post by KnopKop 20th May 2009, 18:10

Yup,

I was hit from the side @ 90km/h by a car. Got a lekker tank-slapper that did not turn out all that well. Long story short, broken collar bone and some seriaaaas roasties.

Lesson learned, I did not wear my city pants or my boots therefore I have some bad, and deep roasties. I did wear my jacket, so no roastes on my upper body. The collar bone would have been broken, even if I wore a Rallye2 Jacket. My Tourmaster jacket did the job.

geek geek
KnopKop
KnopKop
Committee member
Committee member

Number of posts : 823
My bike : 2008 BMW X-Challenge

Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by GSlady 20th May 2009, 18:21

off the topic... but
Sharkie, jou skouer reg? en jou fietsie?
GSlady
GSlady
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeRoy Olivier 20th May 2009, 18:24

Comes back to right gear - at a certain point in time experience and biking ability will no longer help you - only the protection you are wearing.
LeRoy Olivier
LeRoy Olivier
LT Fanatic

Number of posts : 1394
My bike : K1200LT

Back to top Go down

Post by dakardrix 20th May 2009, 21:11

LeRoy Olivier wrote:Drix & Johan - with regards to your post on page 2 of this thread - with regards to rolling the bike to the side. How long have you been biking - some tricks you learn by falling. Learnt with the 50cc way back when (1970's) when protective clothing was but a dream. So you quickly taught yourself how to go down and minimise damage to yourself and your pride and joy.

Eish, never had the privilege to be able to choose how I put the bike down - things happen too quickly!
dakardrix
dakardrix
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Number of posts : 608
My bike : F800GS
Registration date : 2008-12-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Daleen 21st May 2009, 12:06

voyger34 wrote:Ok - I just realized who you are lol- Im on that forum as well thanx to you-dont know why I never saw the stuff on the comfort shell there-you are a VERY helpfull chap .

So I read it all including the links-this is what I learned- The comfort shell is very good as a daily riding suite and it crash protection should be good but not as good as eg Hein Gerike and some other top fabric suits- the negatives- its not really water proof and its going to wear the paint off my shiny new toy- any one want an airflow and a tour master jacket cheap - almost new lol- not keen on the idea of wearing the paint off my tank though

I don't agree with the Comfort Shell not being water proof. We once rode in pouring rain for about two hours and the Comfort Shell jacket and pants kept me 100% dry! I am very happy with my set. Very Happy
Daleen
Daleen
Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Number of posts : 157
My bike : Red F650GS.
Registration date : 2009-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Marnus 21st May 2009, 12:21

Hi Daleen,

Welcome to the forum! Please feel free to tell us a bit more about you in the Who's Who section. Unless you're an old member under a new name What a Face

Enjoy your stay.
Marnus
Marnus
Committee member
Committee member

Number of posts : 936
My bike : R1200GSA / G450X / YZ450F
Registration date : 2008-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Daleen 21st May 2009, 12:33

Thanks Marnus, I am a fairly new member (joined in March) and a fairly new biker as well. Surprised
Daleen
Daleen
Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Number of posts : 157
My bike : Red F650GS.
Registration date : 2009-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2