BMW Motorcycle Club Pretoria
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» K 1200 GT FOR SALE ASKING R112 000.00 ono
by STEVE 19th November 2010, 13:45

» Three week Bliss
by Corlia 19th July 2010, 09:39

» From the UK - new element found in SA
by DaveS 7th July 2010, 18:53

» Tourmaster Airflow Pants
by Heretic 7th July 2010, 08:02

» Forum lockdown
by Admin 6th July 2010, 22:17

» New website, new forum!
by Marnus 6th July 2010, 20:10

» Who Will Win The Soccer World Cup
by 1150 adventure 4th July 2010, 12:06

» New forum?
by LeRoy Olivier 2nd July 2010, 10:40

» Your favourite photos
by Gert_GS_650 1st July 2010, 06:32

» NEW Clubhouse
by Thomas 30th June 2010, 21:44

Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 181 on 10th February 2021, 11:40
Statistics
We have 359 registered users
The newest registered user is Kruger

Our users have posted a total of 17455 messages in 1456 subjects

Different levels of service at OTHER BMW dealers

+2
JohnST
Tr0jan
6 posters

Go down

Different levels of service at OTHER BMW dealers Empty Different levels of service at OTHER BMW dealers

Post by Tr0jan 2nd October 2008, 11:10

Different levels of service at OTHER BMW dealers - Shocking!

So I serviced my 1150GS for its 110 000km service, just a oil filter and oil. I noticed that on the rear wheel there is a little bit of play on the shaft and decided to have it checked out.

About 25k earlier I had the same problem, quickly stopped at Bavarian and the friendly okes there checked it out, torqued the bearing for me, and off I go.

So thinking that I have a similar problem now and a few happy miles later, I decided to stop at Lyndhurst BM which is on my way to work and I do not have to ride all the way out to PTA. I thought this should be a quick five minute job and I do not have a torque wrench to sort this out myself.

I stopped at Lyndhurst at about 07:45 and walked in, there is no fellow like Lenny to ask you whats up... Instead, I have to walk to someone at a desk, and asked: "Hi, is the workshop open yet?" To which he replies: "Im sitting here arent I". I smiled and thought to myself ("screw you hippie", what crappy reply is this).

So after that im slightly cheesed off, and still asked him just to get someone to have a quick look, as Im concerned that the wheel might come undone, I also do not know of any speed limits on the N1 affraid and the combined sum of this can get interesting...

He had a quick look and said that the pivot bearing needs to be replaced, and the first date that I can have because he is fully booked is one and a half week forward.

I decided that Im not booking my bike in there, cause the only place allowed to do surgery on my bike is Bavarian. I phoned and got a booking for next week, but still being concerned about the wheel I went in this morning to have someone check it out. Lenny, friendly as always was there, had a quick look and said the bearing just needs to be torqued, well, one cup of coffee later, drooling over some bikes, my piggy was sorted out.

My point is, why can one dealership be so excellent, and the other so pathetic.

Ill rather push my bike home than go to Lyndhurst again, and Im a man of my word.
Tr0jan
Tr0jan
Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Number of posts : 142
My bike : K1200S / R1150FSE(wrecked) / Zooka CRE 125/ Puzey MXA 125 / Honda Monkey Bike / 47cc Pocket Bike
Registration date : 2008-08-15

http://www.wttu.co.za

Back to top Go down

Different levels of service at OTHER BMW dealers Empty Re: Different levels of service at OTHER BMW dealers

Post by JohnST 2nd October 2008, 11:17

Interresting!!

I'll keep my comment to that! Wink
JohnST
JohnST
Fuel Injected
Fuel Injected

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-09-02

Back to top Go down

Different levels of service at OTHER BMW dealers Empty Re: Different levels of service at OTHER BMW dealers

Post by JR 2nd October 2008, 12:00

yes we are spoiled by the friendly folk at Bavarian cheers

had a similar experience at the dealership in George over the past weekend........pathetic to say the least and they like to kick you while you are down.......charged me R2k for a rear tyre......take it or leave it......I needed so I took.

This morning on the other hand........

made a booking on Monday for today to fit rear brake pads on my bike (you know, commute on your scoot day is tomorrow 03/10 -see the COYS celebration brekkie thread http://bmwclubs.heavenforum.org/informal-breakfast-runs-f22/every-friday-morning-breakfast-t347-30.htm Wink ) - arranged for a loan bike as well. Arrived there this morning and they asked me if I would like to wait......10 minutes later brought my key back to me.....pads fitted. On top I said, please do the front while you are busy.....nah Lennie replied, they are still fine for a good couple of thousand km's, don't waist your money. All this and........I received a 7.5% discount because I'm a paid up BMW MCC Pretoria club member......hint - hint....worth your while to join the club Very Happy

Absolutely brilliant.........big up to Bavarian and hang on to those exceptional staff members management! keep up that level of service and I for one will come back every time

No wonder they are the biggest dealer in the country with reference to parts
JR
JR
The K-factor

Number of posts : 1164
My bike : K1300S, F800GS
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post by steyngert 2nd October 2008, 12:30

Bavarian is absolutely tops. I have a little insurance claim following the GS Challenge, and I made it absolutely clear to the insurance company that no-one but Bavarian must touch my bike. It seems as if the employees at Bavarian REALLY care about you and your bike. Always friendly, always available. If someone has a chance, go to www.hellopeter.com - when I last checked there were three comments made on Bavarian, all resoundingly positive. Hats off to Roger, Simon, Lenny, Braam, Emile, Klaas, Ig, Petra and all the other guys there.

At this stage I find myself going to Bavarian every 2nd Saturday, just to have a cup of coffee and chat to the guys. That is how nice it is. And invariably, I end up spending a little money there...

Bavarian employees make a very strong argument for cloning...
steyngert
steyngert
Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Number of posts : 234
My bike : R1200 GS Adventure
Registration date : 2008-06-11

Back to top Go down

Post by JR 2nd October 2008, 12:42

steyngert wrote:Hats off to Roger, Simon, Lenny, Braam, Emile, Klaas, Ig, Petra and all the other guys there.

and don't forget "Kleintjie" Very Happy

and oh yes.....the MMWC - Eric
JR
JR
The K-factor

Number of posts : 1164
My bike : K1300S, F800GS
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post by LeRoy Olivier 2nd October 2008, 14:52

I tend to be brand loyal - and in this case it is not difficult to be brand loyal given the excellent service one gets at Bavaria. When buying the new LT from Bavaria, my Intercom and GPS fittings were transferred to the new LT without any additional cost. Al i can say is keep up the good work.
LeRoy Olivier
LeRoy Olivier
LT Fanatic

Number of posts : 1394
My bike : K1200LT
Registration date : 2008-06-09

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveS 2nd October 2008, 20:48

Also heard of poor service from Lyndhurst a few years ago. That why when Dorothy was knocked off her bike after the 2006 Toy Run and BMW on call wanted the bike to go to Lyndhurst I insisted the bike go to Bavarian.

This happened on the Sunday and we were leaving on a trip the following Friday. Emile got quote done by Monday, assessor looked at the bike and approved repairs on the Tuesday and we had the bike back on the Thursday in time for our trip. NOW THAT'S SERVICE!! Very Happy
DaveS
DaveS
Committee member
Committee member

Number of posts : 1428
My bike : R1200GSA: R1200S(I think - has been annexed by Dorothy): S1000RR
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down