BMW Motorcycle Club Pretoria
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» K 1200 GT FOR SALE ASKING R112 000.00 ono
by STEVE 19th November 2010, 13:45

» Three week Bliss
by Corlia 19th July 2010, 09:39

» From the UK - new element found in SA
by DaveS 7th July 2010, 18:53

» Tourmaster Airflow Pants
by Heretic 7th July 2010, 08:02

» Forum lockdown
by Admin 6th July 2010, 22:17

» New website, new forum!
by Marnus 6th July 2010, 20:10

» Who Will Win The Soccer World Cup
by 1150 adventure 4th July 2010, 12:06

» New forum?
by LeRoy Olivier 2nd July 2010, 10:40

» Your favourite photos
by Gert_GS_650 1st July 2010, 06:32

» NEW Clubhouse
by Thomas 30th June 2010, 21:44

Who is online?
In total there are 12 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 12 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 181 on 10th February 2021, 11:40
Statistics
We have 359 registered users
The newest registered user is Kruger

Our users have posted a total of 17455 messages in 1456 subjects

After 8 Years Back In Da Land Of Sun & Joy, Da Beautyfull South Africa !!

+7
Tony R
Richard H
tj
Joe
Admin
Happy-go-lucky
Shangali
11 posters

Go down

After 8 Years Back In Da Land Of Sun & Joy, Da Beautyfull South Africa !! Empty After 8 Years Back In Da Land Of Sun & Joy, Da Beautyfull South Africa !!

Post by Shangali 29th December 2008, 16:06

Hello to all of you out there, on Beemers and other Bikes!!
my name is shangali eberhart & i have returned to sunny S.A. in september 08! left da land of great joy in 2000 after my brother in switzerland "naged" me for some time to return to my "Birthland". after only a year in europe i realised that there is only one place on this planet to live and work, believe me it is not at all over there in europe! ..... for some reasons beneath my explenations i managed to stay there for so long! Probably driving my beemer (R1100RT) in the Black Forest (south-west) in germany and Mobbing the Frenchies in the French Jura (north-west of switzerland) did the trick! i rolled down 120000km on my super trooper partner Beemer, she never let me down or left me stranded in the wilds! did manage to leave some rubber marks in the italien alps (stilfserjoch) with 300 bends from top to bottom! got the best of the french alps, all the ones that the Tour de France go over with "Leg-Mussels", like the Iseron "2200m/A/see level, the col de vars (2300m), col de la madeleine and so on! some days we did 6 of them in a row! with the pressure changes of such a trip you need to "Hang-Ten" a while i some placese like in Gap or in the south of france, in Carccasson! ......
the biking kept me alive in summer, in winter i fell into a deep dark hole with the sun dissapearing for weeks! no pleasure live for sure, let me tell you! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
After twenty years in South Africa, i started to ski again and found some pleasure to keep me busy in winter! as a minor i was racing with the scool team down the steepest hills in Davos or ST. Moritz but now with age i took it in a new way! the skiers have changed to Carvers and you can go downhill now with a speed that reminds me of Biking on your side-pegs! hands touching the snow(like knee-pads controll) and cornering with great speed and controll!
any way..... it was all different in a way, due to my "handicap"! i was "nocked-off" my yamy 750 XJ in eightyfive at a robbot in houghton JHB and the doctors cut my toe-nails back up to the knee! scratch affraid (plus the hip was shatterd 3 times) so after some (long) Time in the Gen. i recovered and got back on my horse again! (a beemer 4 the first time) a R100RT Red-Black , also called "Rubber-Cow" where i come from! that was the beginning of my "Love-Affair" with Beemers! I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you
lets get back to the funny side of the story! ...... so after eight years "loked-up" in europe my decission to return "home" to S.A. was made in a heated discussion at work! once more i was told to work later because some "super-brain" in the Office made new plans! he walks home at 16:00 and says to me by walking by me "have a nice evening", but i had to work for 3hrs. overtime!! my dinner-plans, my TV-time and the whole eve was "buggerd" and he has the "balls" to kick me on! i did get off my forklift and Kicked his ass ..... and so one thing was decided! cheers cheers cheers cheers
i made plans to return to sunny and gorgeous south africa where my heart & soul & blood is deeply ankered! ( they changed my oil (blood) in `85 as well, only 20lt. transfusion)
by september 20, i landed back in da land of golden opportunities! and what a welcome that was! i am on cloud nine since the day i did arrive here!
my new girlfriend, Nadia, also called "Thoothpick", opend her own Yewellery Design Business some days ago, and my aircon shop is doing well to!
so i have the Dream of all dreams in life in my own hand! "JUST DO IT" was allways my theme!
all you great south africans out there, let me tell you that we have "Paradise on Earth " here in S.A. !! being bikers and freaks anyway, all we need is believing in what we do and what we can do!!!! king king king have a big smile and be happy! it is all out there, just go and find it!!
after 26 years on the tar roads of this planet, i got myself a R1200GS in the first days of december! changing my rear tyre in a shop north of PTA i was invited by Pauli to an Off-Road drive on the 7th december! he said it was just the way to start my off road experience, with an easy drive on sunday morning with some guys from the bmw-gang from PTA! ...... stupid me went home, told my toothpick about it and went in my jeans and takkies to the awakening of my new life! cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny
you can read all about it in the Wild Dog reports !!
http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=25679.0
So you see The Off-Road Bug Did get hold of me! ..... i need more and more of this!
i joined da Club some days ago, to make new friends and get to know the know-how to ride save on the dirt! i need it after leaving the Tar!
looking forward to meet you Guys & Girls at the meeting in PTA in january! glad to join the club... and make many marks on the dirt tracks in SA.......
there is more to come from me ..... because i can and i want to ....... king king king

to all of you bikers out there ... stay "rubber down" on your horses and get well over into 2009

from me ...... Shangali ..... Peace & Love .....

Last edited by Shangali on 29th December 2008, 17:33; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : End the story)
Shangali
Shangali
Fuel Injected
Fuel Injected

Number of posts : 27
My bike : R 1200 GS Wish to have a Beemer 4-ever ....
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Back to top Go down

After 8 Years Back In Da Land Of Sun & Joy, Da Beautyfull South Africa !! Empty Re: After 8 Years Back In Da Land Of Sun & Joy, Da Beautyfull South Africa !!

Post by Happy-go-lucky 29th December 2008, 17:34

Welcome back to sunny South Africa.
Happy-go-lucky
Happy-go-lucky
Your Friendly Black Knight

Number of posts : 378
My bike : BMW F650GS FL 2007
Yamaha TTR250 2009
Registration date : 2008-10-06

Back to top Go down

After 8 Years Back In Da Land Of Sun & Joy, Da Beautyfull South Africa !! Empty Re: After 8 Years Back In Da Land Of Sun & Joy, Da Beautyfull South Africa !!

Post by Admin 29th December 2008, 17:50

cheers Welcome! and many happy hours and kilometers with our Club and the Forum!

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 753
Registration date : 2008-02-25

http://www.bmwclubs.co.za

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe 29th December 2008, 21:27

Welcome back, now try to stay put this time Wink
Joe
Joe
Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Number of posts : 148
My bike : K1200S Indigo Blue
Registration date : 2008-08-03

Back to top Go down

Post by tj 29th December 2008, 21:34

Why didn't you get an RT again????????????? Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
tj
tj
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Number of posts : 674
My bike : K1300GT
Registration date : 2008-06-02

http://www.maree.co.za

Back to top Go down

Post by Richard H 29th December 2008, 22:42

...because now there are GS's that go everywhere an RT ever could...and more besides? Very Happy
Richard H
Richard H
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Number of posts : 625
My bike : R1200GS, R100S
Registration date : 2008-06-09

Back to top Go down

Post by tj 30th December 2008, 22:09

Ja OK, OK tog Rolling Eyes
tj
tj
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Number of posts : 674
My bike : K1300GT
Registration date : 2008-06-02

http://www.maree.co.za

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony R 1st January 2009, 18:14

Welcome home. Bikers paradise this country.

Tony R
Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Number of posts : 225
My bike : Sadly no bike. Finances forced the sale of my Tigger.
Registration date : 2008-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Shangali 2nd January 2009, 09:31

tj wrote:Why didn't you get an RT again????????????? Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
`cos i need to go forward in life! new things, changes for the better and new challenges ar the essence of my life !!
thanks for asking anyway.... Very Happy sunny lol!
Shangali
Shangali
Fuel Injected
Fuel Injected

Back to top Go down

Post by szalek 2nd January 2009, 16:07

Welcome back Shangali. Manne ,dus lekker hier in S.A. met al ons sonskyn en braai vleis. Shangali,if you still understand Afr. ?? Welkom teryg.

szalek
Supercharged
Supercharged

Number of posts : 87
My bike : BMW K1200 RS
Registration date : 2008-07-31

Back to top Go down

After 8 Years Back In Da Land Of Sun & Joy, Da Beautyfull South Africa !! Empty Afrikans........ ??!!!!!

Post by Shangali 3rd January 2009, 21:32

szalek wrote:Welcome back Shangali. Manne ,dus lekker hier in S.A. met al ons sonskyn en braai vleis. Shangali,if you still understand Afr. ?? Welkom teryg.
Dankie,slazek,ek het jei claar verstan! ek praat ek verstan, mar ek can nie skreyf nie! ek het afrikans slegs van die tv & radio gehoer and geleernt to praat! mar ek kan jey versieker daad ik versuek beter te wees in paar maande!! ek sal alle mails end die mark binnne die bmw-forum in afrikaans de antwoerde!
dit is en promis!! ok?! lol! Shocked clown cheers cheers cheers cheers
as i mentioned in the intro, i am a very proud South African!! .... i did all i could to promote this Land in Europe! since my return zo S.A. in september, ecactly 12
"swisslis" did get to my pride & joy "dream-land"!!
some of them returned with the best remembers in the "hard-drive" of their Brains! the others have not left by now, but so far only good and positive reports!

by the way, did make my first "dive" today! was in the real mud in the morning at boshkop! found a road in da land who showed me my limits!
twenty centimeter thick mud was to good for me, stood still and sliped sideways from the "deck"! scratch scratch
rolling over my shoulder into the gras by the side and court my right rear-mirror and.... yes of couse, borke it off!! Very Happy Very Happy
but i was happy not to end up in the dirt! it was horrid! standing on snow or ice is easy for me, but this was a challange just to stand upright, nevermind driving in it with my knowlege! i come just off the tar after 26 years driving!
i was only 300meter into that path! but realised it was to much for me, got the beemer upright again and slided back to the big sandroad i left just minutes ago!
today was a sunny day, here in kwekwe where we park right now! i try to better this one in the morning houers of sunday!
hope to find better conditions to have some fun!!
You want to join the party?? ...... departure is 07:00 in nkwe caravan park! bounce bounce bounce

seen jey later slazek .... het a lekker naweek..... king
Shangali
Shangali
Fuel Injected
Fuel Injected

Back to top Go down

Post by GSlady 4th January 2009, 00:08

Aawww.. be asured.. youre not the only one who lost a mirror .. mmm or shall I say mirrors!
My last mirror went in May 2008 in Mozambique, with a broken hand in the process!
But all worth it!

Thanks for sending the pictures of your muddy experience - and good luck for the ride tomorrow!
(I'll be on the tar for a day's ride to the north-west)
GSlady
GSlady
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Number of posts : 859
My bike : 800GS - now with MUCH more character! Still enjoying every minute!
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by LeRoy Olivier 5th January 2009, 09:18

Seems your Afrikaans is from netherlands perspective. Nevertheless - you will pick up on it fast enough.
LeRoy Olivier
LeRoy Olivier
LT Fanatic

Number of posts : 1394
My bike : K1200LT
Registration date : 2008-06-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sias 13th January 2009, 11:02

Welcome Shangali! I rode with the club on your first off-road ride and was impressed that you didn’t fall down once! Shocked Heck I was impressed that I didn’t fall down once!!! Cool Your new-found enthusiasm is inspiring!

May you ride many memorable off-road kilometres!!!
bounce cheers bounce
Sias
Sias
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Number of posts : 548
My bike : F650GS Dakar
Registration date : 2008-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down