BMW Motorcycle Club Pretoria
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» K 1200 GT FOR SALE ASKING R112 000.00 ono
by STEVE 19th November 2010, 13:45

» Three week Bliss
by Corlia 19th July 2010, 09:39

» From the UK - new element found in SA
by DaveS 7th July 2010, 18:53

» Tourmaster Airflow Pants
by Heretic 7th July 2010, 08:02

» Forum lockdown
by Admin 6th July 2010, 22:17

» New website, new forum!
by Marnus 6th July 2010, 20:10

» Who Will Win The Soccer World Cup
by 1150 adventure 4th July 2010, 12:06

» New forum?
by LeRoy Olivier 2nd July 2010, 10:40

» Your favourite photos
by Gert_GS_650 1st July 2010, 06:32

» NEW Clubhouse
by Thomas 30th June 2010, 21:44

Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 181 on 10th February 2021, 11:40
Statistics
We have 359 registered users
The newest registered user is Kruger

Our users have posted a total of 17455 messages in 1456 subjects

Every Friday morning breakfast

+41
JohanGT
Giepie
1150 adventure
Kiteman
Mud Pooh-bah
Corlia
Gemmerkat
JCM
GS-Kaiki
iceman
ChristoEngelbrecht
wingman
Forest
dakardrix
tj
Marnus
Sias
Chris
Mermaid
Joe
Richard H
F1BOY
Crome
DaveS
Happy-go-lucky
DeonP
morpheus
GSlady
JohnST
Tr0jan
LeRoy Olivier
KnopKop
steyngert
Admin
szalek
Tony R
Henk
Bear
Jester
Wahl
JR
45 posters

Page 14 of 27 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20 ... 27  Next

Go down

Every Friday morning breakfast - Page 14 Empty Re: Every Friday morning breakfast

Post by Marnus 19th May 2009, 00:10

I would think so. I missed last week so I'm having 2 mega coffees this Friday.
Marnus
Marnus
Committee member
Committee member

Number of posts : 936
My bike : R1200GSA / G450X / YZ450F
Registration date : 2008-11-20

Back to top Go down

Every Friday morning breakfast - Page 14 Empty Re: Every Friday morning breakfast

Post by morpheus 19th May 2009, 08:28

Yes breakie is still open to all and sundry although some may not be met warmly.

M
morpheus
morpheus
Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Number of posts : 117
My bike : 1200GS
Registration date : 2008-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by iceman 19th May 2009, 10:12

Thx

Same place at Reds Wimpy?
iceman
iceman
Supercharged
Supercharged

Number of posts : 55
My bike : R 1200 GS
Registration date : 2008-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Marnus 19th May 2009, 14:05

Yep
Marnus
Marnus
Committee member
Committee member

Back to top Go down

Post by F1BOY 8th June 2009, 16:36

hey everyone was nice to see you on friday

Every Friday morning breakfast - Page 14 Bmw
F1BOY
F1BOY
Supercharged
Supercharged

Number of posts : 64
My bike : Suzuki GSR 600 K7
Registration date : 2008-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Marnus 9th June 2009, 07:42

HAHAHAHA. that is really funny cheers

I'm sorry I was not there. I'm going to Durban on Thursday and if I'm lucky enough not to sleep over, I'll do my damnest best to make this Friday's breakfast.

Anyone else?
Marnus
Marnus
Committee member
Committee member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sias 9th June 2009, 09:14

I think I'll try to be there for a change! Seems like I've missed out on a lot these last few days, so got some catching up to do... What a Face
Sias
Sias
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Number of posts : 548
My bike : F650GS Dakar
Registration date : 2008-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Marnus 15th July 2009, 08:32

I feel bad skipping the Friday morning breakfasts lately (if they still take place)! But it is just so friggin cold Shocked

Do we start again when it's a bit warmer? And then perhaps consider a more central place (towards the east), or even alternate between spots.

I'll start looking so long Suspect
Marnus
Marnus
Committee member
Committee member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tr0jan 15th July 2009, 08:52

Our breakfast is still on, every friday.

Moenie bang wees vir die koue nie, jy ry 'n bimmer, heated grips pappie!
Tr0jan
Tr0jan
Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Number of posts : 142
My bike : K1200S / R1150FSE(wrecked) / Zooka CRE 125/ Puzey MXA 125 / Honda Monkey Bike / 47cc Pocket Bike
Registration date : 2008-08-15

http://www.wttu.co.za

Back to top Go down

Post by GS-Kaiki 15th July 2009, 11:35

Marnus

Never knew that "central" is actually in the "east" ??
scratch scratch
GS-Kaiki
GS-Kaiki
Fuel Injected
Fuel Injected

Number of posts : 20
My bike : F650GS
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post by JCM 15th July 2009, 12:32

GS-Kaiki wrote:
scratch scratch

I am not trying to suggest where forum members should have their Friday morning breakfasts, but......with the rapid expansion of the eastern suburbs, relative “older east” areas such as the broader Menlo Park area (Menlyn/Menlyn retail etc.) is becoming more and more “central”......isn’t it?

This is where club members meet for monthly “breakfast runs” anyway (at the Shell garage).
JCM
JCM
Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Number of posts : 154
My bike : R1200RT
[Anulos qui animum ostendunt omnes gestemus!]
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Tr0jan 15th July 2009, 12:55

We've been around this area for the last 4 years. Doubt if we(the regulars) will change the venue...
Tr0jan
Tr0jan
Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Number of posts : 142
My bike : K1200S / R1150FSE(wrecked) / Zooka CRE 125/ Puzey MXA 125 / Honda Monkey Bike / 47cc Pocket Bike
Registration date : 2008-08-15

http://www.wttu.co.za

Back to top Go down

Post by LeRoy Olivier 15th July 2009, 14:25

As this was started by Centurion based riders one cn presume that it will stay there. Why then not start another breakfast group in the east??????. Getting to the venue as early as indicated is a bit difficult for me - hence i have not yet attended this open invitation.
LeRoy Olivier
LeRoy Olivier
LT Fanatic

Number of posts : 1394
My bike : K1200LT
Registration date : 2008-06-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sias 15th July 2009, 17:03

I have been to the breakfast once or twice. Have to get up at 5 which is extremely hard for me. And I ended up being late for work everytime I went. I like the idea and wish I could've gone more. Maybe we should think about a second joint for the pretoria/eastern suburbs residents? Then both groups can come together once a month or something like that? What a Face
Sias
Sias
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Number of posts : 548
My bike : F650GS Dakar
Registration date : 2008-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by JCM 15th July 2009, 17:49

What Tr0jan says is perfectly understandable and it make sense. But, where they meet is simply too far for me.

Keeping what LeRoy and Sias wrote in mind, members on the other side of town could then consider the possibility of meeting in the Menlyn-area. Parking is a hassle at Menlyn, but there is ample parking space available at Menlyn Retail.

The two restaurants there, The Place and Bugatti serve excellent breakfasts (including low budget breakfasts).

Should someone take the initiative and organise something in the “east”, I will certainly love attend sometimes.
JCM
JCM
Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Back to top Go down

Post by Marnus 15th July 2009, 18:39

I certainly don't want to create the impression that I suggested that we do the ANC/Cope thing (or the KP/HNP thing or the NG/APK thing... etc, etc.) Rather see this as opening up another branch of the same company... somewhere towards the east where a lot of us live. Hehehe... I was just thinking that Bavarian did exactly the same thing Smile If I remember correctly, the Centurion breakfast actually evolved from a ThinkBike get-together?

I've been at both The Place and Bugatti and both are really nice. The Wimpy at the Mall @ Reds did however set the standard for Friday morning breakfasts - they open up early and they split the bill by default.

If there are other suggestions of places in and around the East are, please cast your vote. I will in the mean time try and see if The Place / Bugatti can accommodate us. Heck - I will even try a different place every Friday until we find another perfect spot.

GS-Kaiki wrote:Marnus

scratch scratch

Ooops! Yes sorry & thanks for the correction. I guess in my world it would be quite central. With exception of my first two years (spent in Sunny Side of all places!!!) and another 2/3 years when I got married (stayed in Rooihuiskraal & Centurion), I've been living in Garsfontein for the other 30-odd years of my life. I actually stay about 1km from where I grew up!

This probably also explains why I have the need to take the bike and go to new places ever so often Rolling Eyes
Marnus
Marnus
Committee member
Committee member

Back to top Go down

Post by GS-Kaiki 15th July 2009, 19:14

No harm done. Was actually pulling your leg Very Happy

Just wanted to remind you there are other BMW riders on other sides of Pretoria as well... Very Happy In case you forgot...
GS-Kaiki
GS-Kaiki
Fuel Injected
Fuel Injected

Number of posts : 20
My bike : F650GS
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Marnus 15th July 2009, 22:09

Excellent Twisted Evil Yes, I stand corrected - albeit with one slightly longer leg Laughing

It's like the lotto - if you don't play, you're not gonna win! So where would you like to have breakfast on Friday mornings?
Marnus
Marnus
Committee member
Committee member

Back to top Go down

Post by JCM 15th July 2009, 22:40

Marnus wrote:So where would you like to have breakfast on Friday mornings?

Why not starting off with Bugatti, then maybe The Place the next Friday. Then wherever......even Irene Mall one day?

Question is what time??
JCM
JCM
Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Back to top Go down

Post by LeRoy Olivier 16th July 2009, 09:25

Execellent idee with regards to Retail Park - what time do they open. I have previously never attended the Centurion breakfast purely due the time factor and the major problem mentioned by Sias. Tend to agree with him on that one - battle to get up at 6 in the mornings.
So - depending on the time either one of the venues opens - would 7 be in order for all. Johan (JCM) seeing as you are on sabatical at present could you please during the course of today find out what time either one of these 2 venues open tomorrow morning, and iff they are open at 7 - lets see all then there.
Irene Mall could be the common denominator for both groups as it should be relatively in the middle. Lastly - dont you know where to slip out at Menlyn to avoid the paybooths??????
LeRoy Olivier
LeRoy Olivier
LT Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by JCM 16th July 2009, 11:26

[quote="LeRoy Olivier"] Johan (JCM) seeing as you are on sabatical at present could you please during the course of today find out what time either one of these 2 venues open tomorrow morning, and iff they are open at 7 - lets see all then there.

Ok, will go and check.

One other suggestion. Why don't we make it Monday mornings or Thursday mornings.....or any other morning!? That leaves us all with a choice. If you can't make it today to the one group, you have your breakfast the other day with the other group.

That way we also avoid a situation where members feel they must "choose" between two (breakfast) groups. Some might even wish to attend two biker-breakfasts per week!

There's mos no law that says these breakfasts MUST be on Fridays!!

[LeRoy, geluk met jou verjaardag! Ek wou jou nog daar gelukwens, maar ek sien jy't klaar repliek gelewer daar.]
JCM
JCM
Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Back to top Go down

Post by JCM 16th July 2009, 13:59

[quote="JCM"][quote="LeRoy Olivier"] Johan (JCM) seeing as you are on sabatical at present could you please during the course of today find out what time either one of these 2 venues open tomorrow morning, and iff they are open at 7 - lets see all then there.

Ok, will go and check.

One other suggestion. Why don't we make it Monday mornings or Thursday mornings.....or any other morning!? That leaves us all with a choice. If you can't make it today to the one group, you have your breakfast the other day with the other group.

That way we also avoid a situation where members feel they must "choose" between two (breakfast) groups. Some might even wish to attend two biker-breakfasts per week!

There's mos no law that says these breakfasts MUST be on Fridays!!

I've checked with The Place and Bugatti's: The latter start serving breakfast at 6:45 while The Place is open "shortly after 6:00 am. Depending on your preferences, The Place is probably the more "intimate" venue.

Please check out my suggestion regarding breakfast on days other than Fridays.
JCM
JCM
Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Back to top Go down

Post by LeRoy Olivier 16th July 2009, 16:27

Johan - thank you for checking the venue opening times. We are already splitting the venue from the existing grouping - so rather lets keep is simple. I will be at The Place for breakfast tomorrow at 07:00 - whoever is there is there. I have my first meeting at 8 - will thus have to leave at the latest by 7:35 - to make it to Munitoria
LeRoy Olivier
LeRoy Olivier
LT Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Marnus 16th July 2009, 16:49

Yes, unless some disaster befalls me, I will also be there - perhaps just before 7, because I would like to have some breakfast Smile

Can't wait!
Marnus
Marnus
Committee member
Committee member

Back to top Go down

Post by GSlady 16th July 2009, 17:05

See u at the "more central venue" at 7:00 tomorrow.
We can discuss whether to keep it to Fridays or add another morning to the fun?

I've been to the Friday Morning Breakfast quite a while ago and enjoyed the company very much -
but school trips and the risk (being a non-commuter rider and not really used to rush hour traffic) kept me from joining more often.

I support the idea for an Irene Mall / Southdowns "All-together" now and then/once a month.
GSlady
GSlady
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Number of posts : 859
My bike : 800GS - now with MUCH more character! Still enjoying every minute!
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 27 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20 ... 27  Next