BMW Motorcycle Club Pretoria
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» K 1200 GT FOR SALE ASKING R112 000.00 ono
by STEVE 19th November 2010, 13:45

» Three week Bliss
by Corlia 19th July 2010, 09:39

» From the UK - new element found in SA
by DaveS 7th July 2010, 18:53

» Tourmaster Airflow Pants
by Heretic 7th July 2010, 08:02

» Forum lockdown
by Admin 6th July 2010, 22:17

» New website, new forum!
by Marnus 6th July 2010, 20:10

» Who Will Win The Soccer World Cup
by 1150 adventure 4th July 2010, 12:06

» New forum?
by LeRoy Olivier 2nd July 2010, 10:40

» Your favourite photos
by Gert_GS_650 1st July 2010, 06:32

» NEW Clubhouse
by Thomas 30th June 2010, 21:44

Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 181 on 10th February 2021, 11:40
Statistics
We have 359 registered users
The newest registered user is Kruger

Our users have posted a total of 17455 messages in 1456 subjects

Vuvuzela

+2
pikkie
Chris
6 posters

Go down

Vuvuzela Empty Vuvuzela

Post by Chris 11th June 2010, 11:02

This morning someone blew a vuvuzela at 4am and then a single shot was heard. I told the wife “feel it, it is hear”. Sy se toe ek moet my nie laf hou nie. Embarassed
Chris
Chris
Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Number of posts : 154
My bike : R1200GS Adv
Registration date : 2008-07-16

Back to top Go down

Vuvuzela Empty Re: Vuvuzela

Post by pikkie 11th June 2010, 12:29

The big question to the vuvuzela blowers: How are you going to explain to your Medical Aid about the vuvuzela stuck up your rear-end by some irate not-soccer mad, noise-sensitive, brute of a person?
pikkie
pikkie
Fuel Injected
Fuel Injected

Number of posts : 14
My bike : 800GS - Black.Yellow
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Marnus 11th June 2010, 14:54

HAHAHAHAHAHA... I had some of "those" moments myself!
Marnus
Marnus
Committee member
Committee member

Number of posts : 936
My bike : R1200GSA / G450X / YZ450F
Registration date : 2008-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post by LeRoy Olivier 11th June 2010, 21:30

Yip - have been harbouring thoise feelings as well - will make for some interesting blowing.
LeRoy Olivier
LeRoy Olivier
LT Fanatic

Number of posts : 1394
My bike : K1200LT
Registration date : 2008-06-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Gert_GS_650 12th June 2010, 00:40

Ons maatskappy het dit goedgedink om 'n paar vuvuzellas uit te deel ( 'n paar soos in 'n paar 100 ) Een sokkergeesdriftige mag dalk nou nie meer so baie van my hou nie aangesien die besluit het om sy "pride and joy" reg langs my te blaas soos net 'n sokkergeesdriftige kan en ek hom vertel het waar die ding eintlik hoort .... in ordentlike taal natuurlik
Gert_GS_650
Gert_GS_650
Fuel Injected
Fuel Injected

Number of posts : 12
My bike : No bike .... yet
Registration date : 2010-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Marnus 12th June 2010, 09:18

Our company bought us supporter t-shirts! Makes much less noise. But there were about 10 kazillion vuvuzelas at the office with the Sandton day thing. Funny to see an e-mail from the Corporate dept going out at around 10:00 already to kindly inform staff that the blowing of a vuvuzela is NOT allowed inside our offices due to call centre staff and clients alike being annoyed. So a little peace and quite for us inside the building at least!
Marnus
Marnus
Committee member
Committee member

Number of posts : 936
My bike : R1200GSA / G450X / YZ450F
Registration date : 2008-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post by dakardrix 12th June 2010, 12:37

Ja, my journey with vuvuzelas.. Mmm...

Comrades this year was very different from other years, definitely an extra vibe. So the vuvuzelas at the start - not as many as we see now - were cool and the support along the route with them was great!
But in the last 30km I was on the verge of killing people when they stick the thing almost in your face to help you along! If I wasn't so slow and tired, and at the same time appreciating the support.

Then on Wednesday, unwillingly but 'forced' there by colleagues as I work in the middle of it all, I found myself amidst the Sandton crowd, right in the front with the international journalists, and wow, suddenly got it when you see the experienced vuv blowers doing their stereo rythm thing. Could see the jounos, nor I, never experienced this. Very different from the drone you hear on TV.

By Friday morning though my irritation levels were quite high as the sound just never stopped. I do a lot teleconference calls and I think a combo of age, bikes, love of loud music (and running a mobile disco years ago - my kids frequently mock me for the name at the time: Drisko Disko...) does not help to hear well anymore.

So when I left the office early yesterday while people were streaming to the local Innes Free fan park, I made sure my ears were plugged properly, helmet and Buff were tight and kitch flag flying properly from topbox.

I picked a slow and intimate route through the crowd and then spent a therapeutic 15 minutes on my vuvuzela love/hate conflict utilising noise generators on said red GS... felt much better.

Must say, there is a slight tug at my hidden patriotic heart strings when you watch CNN and Sky and BBC and you realise the vuvuzela might just become an international phenomenon. Serve those pommy hooligans right... Smile
dakardrix
dakardrix
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Number of posts : 608
My bike : F800GS
Registration date : 2008-12-11

Back to top Go down

Post by LeRoy Olivier 12th June 2010, 14:50

Contemplated a flag on the LT's arial - only for a very short moment and then realised that is a right one should rather leave to our intrepid Hardly Driveable Owners - could do the tappit thing with the LT
LeRoy Olivier
LeRoy Olivier
LT Fanatic

Number of posts : 1394
My bike : K1200LT
Registration date : 2008-06-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: